Bowen Born

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
There are going to be misses. We're going to miss on guys we think will come in and contribute. You're suggesting that we don't take somebody that we think will contribute and give that scholarship to somebody that has no other P5 offers? And hope that's our miss for the class? Or do we now have to 2 or more guys that are misses because we gave a local kid a scholarship?
All I'm saying is, we're going to have a miss or two per class anyway. Who care what individual fills that roll? Kids like Terrence Lewis and Zion Griffin don't always work out. Sometimes kids like Born do. I can't explain it, I've just seen it.

Ideally you can get a kid like John Neal to walk on and then he becomes something. Clearly that ship has sailed with Born.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
All I'm saying is, we're going to have a miss or two per class anyway. Who care what individual fills that roll? Kids like Terrence Lewis and Zion Griffin don't always work out. Sometimes kids like Born do. I can't explain it, I've just seen it.

Ideally you can get a kid like John Neal to walk on and then he becomes something. Clearly that ship has sailed with Born.

All you're saying is that you want to improve the chances of recruiting misses.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I think you pull out all the stops and try to get this at ISU. Free up the roster spot and ignore the possible recruiting violation. You don't get a shot at talent like this very often.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Ya because he might score his career high against us one or two times. Those two games(that I don’t think are even happening anymore) over the entire program. I’ll never forgive Chris Williams for bringing this “nut cup culture” in to ISU athletics. **** that ********.

I think what CW did was more giving that culture a name than coming up with it wholesale.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
So which current ISU recruit are you suggesting shouldn't have been signed so we could take him again?
I'm not suggesting anyone leaves or backs out. We'll have a scholarship to fill sometime in March I'd suspect.

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
Wow this thread is out of control. I'm not sure why it even came up since he has signed a LOI to UNI. ISU can not even show interest in him without committing a major violation or him first asking out of his LOI. Secondly I have watched him play 3-4 times but haven't seen him play in over a year. Unless he has grown significantly he is probably a lot closer to 5-9 than 5-11. You have to be a special athlete to make that work in the Big XII. His scoring is up quite a bit this season. 38 ppg, 56% fg% and 42% from 3. Not to diminish 42% from three but my son shot 46% from 3 his junior season at a 3A school. I love my son but he wasn't even a D3 recruit. I hope Bowen has a great career and I wish the staff would have taken a chance on him. But that is what it would have been, a chance.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm not suggesting anyone leaves or backs out. We'll have a scholarship to fill sometime in March I'd suspect.
If we go get him in March its a recruiting violation. I'd guess you didn't know that except it has been mentioned on here multiple times. If you want to talk smack down the road if he thrives at UNI you have to designate which recruit he should have replaced since you are all for trading misses. Or are you suggesting that he is traded for the recruits ISU won't be able to get in the future when the NCAA drops sanctions on ISU for tampering with a signed recruit?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
If we go get him in March its a recruiting violation. I'd guess you didn't know that except it has been mentioned on here multiple times. If you want to talk smack down the road if he thrives at UNI you have to designate which recruit he should have replaced since you are all for trading misses. Or are you suggesting that he is traded for the recruits ISU won't be able to get in the future when the NCAA drops sanctions on ISU for tampering with a signed recruit?
Maybe I should clarify: We won't "go get him". He could simply request to be released from his commitment to play for UNI. We see that happen in college sports all the time.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Maybe I should clarify: We won't "go get him". He could simply request to be released from his commitment to play for UNI. We see that happen in college sports all the time.

See, it is easy, guys. You just need to wait for Emma Watson to request to date you.

• Winner
Reactions: EnkAMania