Best thing Cyclones could do now is ...

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
They really didn't lose all that much, actually. Lines are the main problem, 3 on defense and 4 on offense, but only 9 starters in all plus the punter.
They lose
-Leading rusher
-Leading receiver
-5 senior starters on the OL (you knew this).
-7 of top 14 tacklers gone (including 4 of top 5 DL) statistically.

That’s a lot.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
They lose
-Leading rusher
-Leading receiver

That’s a lot.
I stand corrected, 4 out of 5 senior OL starters (though Curl did start for Rivas several times and played a lot). Still a HUGE loss for a team that had the most starts in the nation on the OL.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: swinn40

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
The word on the street is that Klieman really doesn’t want Sean around but there has been some obligation to keep him involved.

there’s also a belief that Sean prefers to hunt, fish, boat, and camp vs coach football. Certainly doesn’t need the money.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
They lose
-Leading rusher
-Leading receiver

That’s a lot.
Leading rusher, please, Klieman's best rusher is Jacardia Wright, a redshirt freshman who was hurt most of the season until the ISU game. Klieman rotates running backs so much you never know who's out there anyway.
The best receiver is not the slow, walk-on, engineering student, it's Malik Knowles followed by Josh Youngblood, two freshmen.
Again, the best offensive lineman was a sophomore rotational guard who was A.P. All-Big12, Josh Rivas. But clearly this is the unit that loses the most and a major concern.
And finally, the defensive unit loses three rotational linemen and a safety but will be returning almost everyone of note thereafter including team captain Justin Hughes who was out last season with a knee injury.

At a minimum, K-State will be just as talented next year as this and will have had a full year under Klieman's direction.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The word on the street is that Klieman really doesn’t want Sean around but there has been some obligation to keep him involved.

there’s also a belief that Sean prefers to hunt, fish, boat, and camp vs coach football. Certainly doesn’t need the money.
Word down here is it very well may be Nebraska. The family has ties there including a very close relationship between Bill Snyder and Tom Osborne. That would be fine with me. I'd rather Sean get his butt out of the B12 if he's leaving.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Leading rusher, please, Klieman's best rusher is Jacardia Wright, a redshirt freshman who was hurt most of the season until the ISU game. Klieman rotates running backs so much you never know who's out there anyway.
The best receiver is not the slow, walk-on, engineering student, it's Malik Knowles followed by Josh Youngblood, two freshmen.
Again, the best offensive lineman was a sophomore rotational guard who was A.P. All-Big12, Josh Rivas. But clearly this is the unit that loses the most and a major concern.
And finally, the defensive unit loses three rotational linemen and a safety but will be returning almost everyone of note thereafter including team captain Justin Hughes who was out last season with a knee injury.

At a minimum, K-State will be just as talented next year as this and will have had a full year under Klieman's direction.
I hope you realize how ridiculous you sound.

K-State loses their leading rusher and receiver. That is not an opinion, that is fact statistically. So no, those two players you named were not their leading rushers and receivers. It’s asinine to say otherwise.

Josh Rivas seems like a solid O-Lineman, but he rotated with a senior. Seems like a weird thing to do with your most talented OL.

K-State “returns almost everyone of note” on defense but loses 7 of 14 leading tacklers. That’s a lot.

You never know how a player will return from season ending knee injury.

I’d be genuinely surprised if KSU wins more than 6 regular season games next season. Too much to replace with too average of recruiting, but he may be able to salvage something while he has Bills leftover players.

Last edited:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
It won't be the first time, will it!

I'm always impressed by how boys from another school know more about mine than I know. It must be a full-time job keeping all that knowledge sorted and compartmentalized appropriately.
Sorry, Surly. Everything I stated is fact that cannot be refuted.

KSU loses their leading rusher and receiver, and 7 of top 14 tacklers. That is fact.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm and surly

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA

I'm always impressed by how boys from another school know more about mine than I know. It must be a full-time job keeping all that knowledge sorted and compartmentalized appropriately.

...says surly, who started this thread telling a fanbase from another school what they need to do to win more games.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
...says surly who started this thread telling a fanbase from another school what they need to win more games.

In this thread i've learned that KSU's second best receiver had 9 catches last year and their best offensive lineman was a backup guard... guess i'm going to take the ISU opinion of KSU before trusting Surly's take.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
In this thread i've learned that KSU's second best receiver had 9 catches last year and their best offensive lineman was a backup guard... guess i'm going to take the ISU opinion of KSU before trusting Surly's take.
lol their best RB Was like 5th leading rusher, etc etc.

Typical surly.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
His interviewing at Texas to me would be no different than at Auburn or USC other than the B12 conference tie.

CMC, on the other hand, has always shown much admiration for Bill Snyder and how his program was put together. It seemed reasonable then that Sean would be a candidate in Ames for that reason and others, i.e. ISU's putrid special teams. No big deal one way or the other, I guess, just fan chatter.

Klieman has said that K-State continues to use Snyder's return team model but punt returns changed to the Bison method.

ISU's special teams weren't "putrid" last year. Their PR team was. They gave up one KR for a TD to an elite returner. Overall, their coverage was good and their KR team wasn't bad. FGs could have been better, but they weren't awful there. Punt team was decent despite their starting P being out for the year.