Barta to Lead Playoff Committee

HawkInCO

Sep 15, 2019
Lol stop it. Even Iowa fans don't like Barta

It’s amazing what being ranked in every major sport (CFB, MBB, WBB, & MW) at the same time will do for a man’s image. It’s a vocal message board minority that really give much of a damn about things outside of results, revenue, and a clean nose with the NCAA.

• Dumb
  • Funny
Reactions: Rural and JP4CY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It’s amazing what being ranked in every major sport (CFB, MBB, WBB, & MW) at the same time will do for a man’s image. It’s a vocal message board minority that really give much of a damn about things outside of results, revenue, and a clean nose with the NCAA.

Yeah I have Iowa friends that do and don't give to the Athletic Department and only one of them likes him and hes a homer who doesn't donate

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Only Iowa fans believe wrestling is a major sport. A major sport has at least half the schools in their division participating in it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Only Iowa fans believe wrestling is a major sport. A major sport has at least half the schools in their division participating in it.
Hell when Mizzou jumped to the SEC they never thought twice about their wrestling program. They then realized, oh crap, theres no wrestling in this giant of a conference.
They came back to the B12 and asked if they could still wrestle. Guess what the B12 said?

That's how much wrestling matters.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Makes you wonder if people know something. I mean I thought at the time of him losing that lawsuit that his career was over, that he would be fired and would never get an AD job anywhere. Yet after the firing he gets on the playoff committee and now is chairman of it. I mean my connections say that it was Sally that made the call to fire Tracy, and Barta is the one who had to fall on the sword and take all the heat for it. It must be the case, otherwise no way he keeps falling up the ladder like he has.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So now we have Iowan's bagging on wrestling. Times sure have changed.....

I'm not bagging on anything and am I season ticket holder for wrestler but between Iowa and Iowa State we have one conference championship the last decade. One! That's not going to win many new fans over and gain much attention. Hopefully the hire of Dresser can change that

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So now we have Iowan's bagging on wrestling. Times sure have changed.....

Not bagging on wrestling, but being realistic and admitting it’s not a major sport. The SEC doesn’t even sponsor the sport. A whole P5 conference. The big 12 only has 4 of its actual teams with wrestling teams. I’m not sure how many pac 12 and ACC schools have teams.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Not bagging on wrestling, but being realistic and admitting it’s not a major sport. The SEC doesn’t even sponsor the sport. A whole P5 conference. The big 12 only has 4 of its actual teams with wrestling teams. I’m not sure how many pac 12 and ACC schools have teams.
I think of all the mens sports that we effected by title IX wrestling probably took the biggest hit. It's a regional sport kind of like Lacrosse nowadays.....

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
No, it's the fact that some people consider it a major college sport because it's big in Iowa.
Its like hockey is in the very north, baseball in the south, lacrosse in the east. Very regional.

I'd dispute that even, Gable was still a relatively young man when it starting heading toward life support.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think of all the mens sports that we effected by title IX wrestling probably took the biggest hit. It's a regional sport kind of like Lacrosse nowadays.....
It's great it survived.
And the IX, I've said before that I would prefer D1 hockey here vs a baseball return. The club team has been elite for decades, so it would give me some hope they could hold their own.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's great it survived.
And the IX, I've said before that I would prefer D1 hockey here vs a baseball return. The club team has been elite for decades, so it would give me some hope they could hold their own.

Iirc, wrestling has about 90 teams. That is out of 300 some D1 schools with basketball teams.