NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Good night

I'm not so sure - the Nuggets got blown out and his numbers were pretty weak until the 4th when it was out of reach. Admittedly, I didn't see the game and traditional stats don't always show his value. I'd like to see some wins when he gets these occasional starts.

• Agree
Reactions: simply1

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Niang 8 points 2/3 from 3
He's been so solid since they shook up the roster. He finished with a good line in a blowout of the Warriors: 22 MIN, 11 PTS, 4-7 FG, 3-5 3PT, 2 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL, 1 TO and a +10.

He's been in double figures 3 games in a row now and his scoring average has climbed to 5.9 PPG. I'm happy to see him get established.

Great, quick extra pass here by Bogdanovic to the Minivan:

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Blackhawk6515

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Saw Monte got cooked on D on a couple of highlights. Granted it was against Harden and Westbrook. No shame in that really.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I never get to see Georges play so I did a search for some recent highlights and am posting a couple 1-minute videos of his recent (good) games:

15 pts vs. the Pacers (he takes D. McDermott to the hole)

Here are all of his possessions in a JAN 4 game - he scored 15 pts in this one as well:

(Does anyone know anything about this DownToBuck organization that puts together videos of non-stars and shows all their possessions in a game? That can't be cost-effective; most of these videos don't even have 1000 views. I have to be missing some information about them).

Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Mostly Monte Morris in action on Friday night in the NBA. Nader is still out with a bad ankle and Deonte Burton only got some garbage minutes at the end of a big OKC win (scored 3 points in 3 minutes). Matt Thomas had another DNP.

Monte
was back to the 2nd unit tonight for the Nuggets with Gary Harris back in the lineup (J. Murray is still out). Denver beat the Pelicans in Zion Williamson's 2nd game in the NBA (he had some impressive stats in his limited minutes). Monte only played 4 minutes in the 1st half as Denver used very unusual substitution patterns. Monte ended with a solid line of 14 MIN, 10 PTS, 4-8 FG, 2-5 3PT, 4 AST, 1 TO and +4. He had a turnover fairly late in the game or his assist to turnover ratio - which again leads the NBA - was inching up toward 6 to 1.

In this one, Monte delivers a nice assist:

The Jazz play Dallas on Saturday. Let's see if Georges can score in double figures for the fourth straight game.

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY and simply1

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Here are Monte's possessions from Wednesday (11 PTS) - unbelievable that it starts with an ugly turnover:

Here are Monte's possessions from Friday night (10 PTS):

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Niang against the Mavs nails his first 3, now he is guarding Porzingas. Fun to watch. Just nailed another 3 while typing this.
Niang 2-3 from 3 so far; the Jazz may want to give him more run vs. the Mavs. The rest of the team is shooting 24% from 3.

• Informative