THURSDAY THESIS: Inside the hiring of Mick McCall

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Good job Chris. I agree completely on the McCall hire. The ISU coaching staff is very young, which works great for recruiting, but not so much for the Xs and Os at times. Despite the records that ISU set last year, there were point in every game where they were just lost on offense, and the other team seemed to know the play as well as the offense. McCall to me is like a Wally Burnham type guy. Someone that has seen everything, and can build a plan to defend or in this case attack it.

MBB, well, I will wait and see what happens in the next couple weeks. Even in the OSU game, the team played terrible for long stretches. TOs were crazy high. Just don't see a team that values the basketball or fights to defend. They may be getting better, but if they are going to stand any chance of getting to any tournament, they need to show up and play the next weeks. Shooting well would help a lot too....

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I thought we were supposed to be burning effigies of Prohm on the south steps of Hilton? Actually nice podcast CW though I prefer to read an article instead.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I am pretty sure that the real reason McCall was hired was so that the offensive coaches have a babysitter when they have a rare night out with their wives. After all, the defensive coaches have always had Heacock... :)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron