Jamie's level of concern pertaining to Iowa

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Prohm's a good enough recruiter to keep his job, because his teams will be good enough to make the tournament as long as there's not a ton of roster turnover every single year (this year). The problem we've now run into is his players leaving early and leaving him in a hole to try and dig out of, which he has struggled to do so far.

He also has to get better with x's and o's / situational in game type stuff. That's something I desperately miss from Coach Hoiberg because he was an absolute genius when it came to those type of things.

Prohm has to prove it though. Next year is important for Prohm. He has to find a way for that team to be on the bubble or better or else serious conversations will start in regards to his job.
Fred's years in the NBA really helped him in that regard.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I think he's also done a better job with playing the right guys and not playing guys simply because they're on scholarship, which has been a problem of his in the past.

To be fair, the only guy on scholly that is healthy and not playing right now is Till.

His hand is being forced in this regard and its for the better.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Fred's years in the NBA really helped him in that regard.
Hell even at ISU. For example he would send out a mass text to his coaches along the likes of:
Mavs vs Suns, pick and roll Dirk, 10:42 second qtr.

That was always fascinating.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'll believe Fran's a convert if he goes to it next year. Quite frankly I'll be happy with whatever seed they get....
I'm sure Patrick will want to play if he can, JorBo will want his minutes, you couple that with possibly losing only Kriener? It might make some chemistry problems.
I think that minute distribution when Wigs came back last year hurt ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm sure Patrick will want to play if he can, JorBo will want his minutes, you couple that with possibly losing only Kriener? It might make some chemistry problems.

Murray Twins and Ulis will need their minutes too

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY and VeloClone

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019

Evelyn is gone too who is getting about 16 MPG.

We are only losing just over 30 MPG if all the non-seniors are back.

Adding back Bohannon, Patrick and Nunge plus 5 freshmen. Something has got to give.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Evelyn is gone too who is getting about 16 MPG.

We are only losing just over 30 MPG if all the non-seniors are back.

Adding back Bohannon, Patrick and Nunge plus 5 freshmen. Something has got to give.

Why do you keep ignoring my question?

Reactions: HawkJRP

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Nunge is gonna be back as well. I’d just like them to stick to an 8-9 man rotation. It clearly defines roles and there’s better chemistry IMO

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Pre-season I was just hoping the Hawks would make the NIT.....never imagined this kind of improvement out of Garza.

I thought the Clones would be a bubble NCAA type team....
Wish that still seemed true. There's always the chance of making it in by winning the conference tourney, but Baylor looks pretty unstoppable this year. :(

Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Wish that still seemed true. There's always the chance of making it in by winning the conference tourney, but Baylor looks pretty unstoppable this year. :(
You guys basically take over KC so maybe the Clones get on a roll. Next few games will be telling....

• Funny
Reactions: Cydkar

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You guys basically take over KC so maybe the Clones get on a roll. Next few games will be telling....
I don't love the middle of conference play SEC game but it will be a unique test.
We'll be playing with house money in KC that's for sure. Say we're a 7 seed, maybe someone that KU isnt excited to see.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cydkar

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I don't love the middle of conference play SEC game but it will be a unique test.
We'll be playing with house money in KC that's for sure. Say we're a 7 seed, maybe someone that KU isnt excited to see.
Auburn seems to be vulnerable right now.....I think the game has to at least be competitive to maybe start turning things around.

Have they decided on the De Souza (sp?) punishment?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron