KU vs KSU Brawl

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Is it really ALL you need to know? Still no statement from Weber? No problem with your KSU players ignoring their coach and bum rushing an opponent from the bench in response to a harmless technical foul? No problem with Weber making zero attempt to remove his players from the fight?
Coach Weber and A.D. Taylor published statements yesterday.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't have a problem with the suspensions but I don't get why Garrett wasn't also suspended, had he not initiated the stomping of the K State kid on the ground, McCormack would never have run to assist him. McCormack reacted to what Garrett was already doing. That kid was being drug out of the situation, he was no longer around any KU players, no reason for Garrett to be anywhere near him, except to get in as many cheap shots as he could.

• Agree
Reactions: abcguyks

RealtreeByGod

Feb 25, 2014
Is there better footage anywhere, from a cellphone or team film department or some s***? With ESPN's angles you can't tell who threw the first punch because they're focusing in on Devin Dotson for some stupid reason. De Sousa's "defending himself" excuse holds even less weight if he also threw the first actual punch.

I don't have a problem with the suspensions but I don't get why Garrett wasn't also suspended, had he not initiated the stomping of the K State kid on the ground, McCormack would never have run to assist him. McCormack reacted to what Garrett was already doing. That kid was being drug out of the situation, he was no longer around any KU players, no reason for Garrett to be anywhere near him, except to get in as many cheap shots as he could.
Because Garrett is their most important player and the only one of the three that they couldn't live without.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
And if any of those things had actually happened then KSU would have reported them to the Big 12 and Garrett would be suspended.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Coach Weber and A.D. Taylor published statements yesterday.
Ok, that's one of my three questions. You've been oddly measured in your response to this incident. Can't bring you to say what you think about your team's part in it?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
We must have done something really awful to be subject to two of the most god awful posters of all time in tuco and surly.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
You've posted 84 times on an Iowa State message board about an incident involving Kansas and Kansas State

Getting paid to post on internet by KU/Adidas is his side hustle from posting on internet boards for George Soros.
There are high rise offices of these people trolling and trying (and apparently largely successful) to affect public opinon...in addition to bots. That is why it is boring.

• Funny
Reactions: randomfan44

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
We must have done something really awful to be subject to two of the most god awful posters of all time in tuco and surly.
And yet you keep clicking on this thread..... so strange.

It's a message board designed to support conversation about various topics. I try to stay out of the ISU conversations and limit myself to those involving KU or other Big 12 teams. I try to be thorough in my explanations and consistent in my opinions. I am occasionally guilty of word diarrhea but I try not to be disrespectful of individual users.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Getting paid to post on internet by KU/Adidas is his side hustle from posting on internet boards for George Soros.
There are high rise offices of these people trolling and trying (and apparently largely successful) to affect public opinon...in addition to bots. That is why it is boring.
I get paid for this? Where the heck are they sending my check?!? Man, I need to follow up on this. Gassnola said he could be trusted...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Ok, that's one of my three questions. You've been oddly measured in your response to this incident. Can't bring you to say what you think about your team's part in it?

If charged, I'd have given season suspensions to both Love and DeSousa. 3 games to anyone who threw a fist. And 1 game to anyone else coming off the bench and entering the fight scene. The B12 nor either program can whine, complain or rationalize anymore if this happens again because they should have given far more severe penalties for this nonsense. This was a disgusting display and that applies to K-State's administration of it as well.

Furthermore, the fight was not the result of a steal or block that followed, both of which were within the rules of play. It was the result of DeSousa standing over Gordon in some sort of overlord display that's not new to Ku basketball remembering as I do Thomas Robinson doing the exact same thing to K-State's Thomas Gipson. Self's program is now under internal pressure (one prominent woman, I might add) for this and many more outside-the-lines behaviors. Good for Ku supporters who are starting to question what's going on within Self's program.

• Funny
Reactions: Halincandenza

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
If charged, I'd have given season suspensions to both Love and DeSousa. 3 games to anyone who threw a fist. And 1 game to anyone else coming off the bench and entering the fight scene. The B12 nor either program can whine, complain or rationalize anymore if this happens again because they should have given far more severe penalties for this nonsense. This was a disgusting display and that applies to K-State's administration of it as well.

Furthermore, the fight was not the result of a steal or block that followed, both of which were within the rules of play. It was the result of DeSousa standing over Gordon in some sort of overlord display that's not new to Ku basketball remembering as I do Thomas Robinson doing the exact same thing to K-State's Thomas Gipson. Self's program is now under internal pressure (one prominent woman, I might add) for this and many more outside-the-lines behaviors. Good for Ku supporters who are starting to question what's going on within Self's program.
I have seen dozens of step overs in NCAA and NBA basketball. It happens in the course of the game and is regulated by assessing a technical foul if the refs feel it is warranted.

I have NEVER seen the response to it be the clearing of the bench to physically assault the player who did it.

This incident went from an on-court transgression of the rules to a physical altercation when the Kansas State players left the bench and began pushing DeSousa and no sooner. Period.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I have seen dozens of step overs in NCAA and NBA basketball. It happens in the course of the game and is regulated by assessing a technical foul if the refs feel it is warranted.

I have NEVER seen the response to it be the clearing of the bench to physically assault the player who did it.

This incident went from an on-court transgression of the rules to a physical altercation when the Kansas State players left the bench and began pushing DeSousa and no sooner. Period.

Poor Ku, such a victim.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

The is true. Are there statements which suggest otherwise?

RealtreeByGod

Feb 25, 2014
randomfan is a tard, but I do agree at least some of the blame goes on Tim Higgins who was sitting there watching the whole event transpire, yet never attempts to get De Sousa out of there, defuse it, and start issuing Ts to everyone before it gets out of hand.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Just glad to have some actual basketball to talk about again tomorrow. And honestly, glad that Zion had his NBA debut on ESPN the day after this mess to pull conversation of it off their airwaves. A few folks over there were as carried away as a few folks here have been.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Reactions: LincolnSwinger