Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Yes. He said at the beginning of the year so I figured that meant before the season.

Weird losses happen. Hell, I told you I was unaware of the coach at Evansville is a POS but I knew they beat Kentucky.

DePaul was the second game of the year so I consider that the beginning of the season. Not sure if that is what @Thinker was thinking too but it makes sense.

That day was the worst I have felt about Iowa basketball in a long time....probably since the end of the Lick era. Foster committed to ISU that morning and DePaul ran us out of CHA that night.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
DePaul was the second game of the year so I consider that the beginning of the season. Not sure if that is what @Thinker was thinking too but it makes sense.

That day was the worst I have felt about Iowa basketball in a long time....probably since the end of the Lick era. Foster committed to ISU that morning and DePaul ran us out of CHA that night.
Thinker will probably agree with you on "when" but I doubt that's what he meant. He also posts doozies like this. If an ISU fan did, you would laugh at it:
I think this team is different.
I expect some sort of collapse.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Thinker will probably agree with you on "when" but I doubt that's what he meant. He also posts doozies like this. If an ISU fan did, you would laugh at it:

Not sure what he is referring to in those posts so I cannot comment.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think what @Thinker meant to say is that he thinks this Iowa team COULD be different, BUT he's not holding his breath due to the past years with Fran.

I don't disagree with him. This Iowa team looks like they have a good thing going for them but at the same time, history shows even some talented teams have ended up flaming out.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Well first off I never heard Randy say it. I'm not sure why an Iowa fan would listen to him.

Secondly Randy is a moron so not sure why anyone would believe it if he did say it

You use Hawkeye posters on here as solid reliable sources, why can't Hawk fans use Randy?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think what @Thinker meant to say is that he thinks this Iowa team COULD be different, BUT he's not holding his breath due to the past years with Fran.

I don't disagree with him. This Iowa team looks like they have a good thing going for them but at the same time, history shows even some talented teams have ended up flaming out.
Yep, looks like they are having fun and playing well but he contradicted himself. It's two totally different viewpoints.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
No I don't

I still don't understand why you listened to Randy Peterson but OK

Sure you do. You trust @Gonzo and @HawkJRP opinion of Cronk over your own. You have what 1 or 2 posters say Purdy pad his stats, so you develop your Garza troll based on it. If 1 Hawk poster says anything you want to glob onto, you then quote that as gospel.

So yeah, you talk posters on this site and use them as sources all the time, and act like what they say is fact.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Sure you do. You trust @Gonzo and @HawkJRP opinion of Cronk over your own. You have what 1 or 2 posters say Purdy pad his stats, so you develop your Garza troll based on it. If 1 Hawk poster says anything you want to glob onto, you then quote that as gospel.

So yeah, you talk posters on this site and use them as sources all the time, and act like what they say is fact.

Yeah I didn't form my opinion on Cronk due to Iowa posters just because I used their words against them

I'm not trolling about Garza and you know that but keep your head buried in the stand

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Was listening to Cyclone Insider on the way to the game. Randy and Tommy were talking about TH and his likely hood of not being here next and then Randy mentioned another one was Condit, but it didn’t sound like it was for pro opportunities, but more like a transfer. Hadn’t heard that one yet, would think he would stay another year and be a key piece and focal point. Plus I’m considering the source

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
George wouldn't transfer out of ISU. He is a legacy recruit. It would be like Connor or Patrick transferring from Iowa

I definitely don't think George will transfer but the Connor/Patrick comparison isn't really the same thing at all. Their dad is the coach. It'd be more along the lines of Marble transferring when he was still on the team.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I definitely don't think George will transfer but the Connor/Patrick comparison isn't really the same thing at all. Their dad is the coach. It'd be more along the lines of Marble transferring when he was still on the team.

Yeah plus George is good and those two aren't. Marble is a good comp