So I had a vasectomy yesterday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Interesting read, guys. Some of you are very thoughtful!

The feminine perspective: a "stand-alone" tubal ligation (ie: not done in conjunction with a C-section) involves a lot more discomfort and recovery time than a vasectomy does. If you love your partner, man up. Your boys will survive. :)

Yep. We had the same conversation in my house. I'm replying to you but this is more intended for "Dosyr5." My wife was more than willing to help and accommodate. Get creative man! The sample is taken at home and brought to the lab. Send your kids to the grandparents. Have your wife help you study the night before the exam. Take the test then celebrate when you get the certification. If you fail, just study again in another couple of weeks and go take the test again!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yep. We had the same conversation in my house. I'm replying to you but this is more intended for "Dosyr5." My wife was more than willing to help and accommodate. Get creative man! The sample is taken at home and brought to the lab. Send your kids to the grandparents. Have your wife help you study the night before the exam. Take the test then celebrate when you get the certification. If you fail, just study again in another couple of weeks and go take the test again!
I'm speaking from personal perspective here. Ex kept promising, because the BC pills were starting to take a toll on me. He also kept stalling, so I finally went ahead & had the tubal. It was not an "on & off the table, frozen peas for a few days" type event. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

The feminine perspective: a "stand-alone" tubal ligation (ie: not done in conjunction with a C-section) involves a lot more discomfort and recovery time than a vasectomy does. If you love your partner, man up. Your boys will survive. :)

Well documented that women are tougher than men.

• Agree

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Well I don't need them anymore.....

Bet you look stupid in a speedo without nuts! Or maybe it's wearing the speedo that's stupid.

Guy walks into a psychiatrist's office totally naked but wrapped in saran wrap. Guy says "doc I need help!"

Doc says, "clearly I can see your nuts."

Tip your waitstaff!

• Funny

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Did the guys who experienced long term discomfort, swelling and bruising have a scalpel-less procedure? I did and I didn't even have to use the frozen peas. Procedure Friday morning, back to work on Monday morning.

I was scalpel-less about 15 years ago. The only "pain" I had was when he grabbed the vas and severed it. There was a "feeling" in the core of my being that wasn't pain, definitely not pleasure, but most unwelcome. Short term but not right.

Followed ruled then went back to the gym about a week after. Next day I had a flare-up (minor discomfort but still not comfortable) so I gave it a few more days with ice and never had an issue since.

I will say the first "transaction" after the procedure was un-nerving. Kinda like opening an egg that was a little TOO far along in the life creation process.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Did the guys who experienced long term discomfort, swelling and bruising have a scalpel-less procedure? I did and I didn't even have to use the frozen peas. Procedure Friday morning, back to work on Monday morning.

Long-term...two months...mine was scalpel-less. Not sure what was up...but I just never felt normal until the last few days. No bruising or swelling...just an uncomfortable sensation that wouldn't go away.

TexCyted

Oct 30, 2018
DFW

My wife had this done two years after our last was born. My doc would not do the procedure on me because of past torsion. She had the operation on Friday afternoon and was back at work on Monday. Same woman missed a day of work after having gallbladder removed the next year.

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
I'm speaking from personal perspective here. Ex kept promising, because the BC pills were starting to take a toll on me. He also kept stalling, so I finally went ahead & had the tubal. It was not an "on & off the table, frozen peas for a few days" type event. ;)

One of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Worry free sex is the best sex

@ImJustKCClone In your personal perspective, is Peter right?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

This is exactly what my situation was. Wife was willing to get tubes tied with the scheduled C section but Mercy wouldn't allow us to so she would have to go through a separate procedure to do it. After what she went through after a 2nd C section there is no way I would have tried to force her into doing that, she got anemia about 10 days after and had to spend a night in the hospital getting blood transfusions and iron so no way did it make sense to go through any more procedures. In fact she still jokes "if we had a 3rd kid it might kill me after going through what I did with the 2nd birth."

It's easier to say now a vasectomy is no big deal than it was before you go through it. It seemed much more scary back then than it does after you've gone through it and everyone probably has a different tolerance level for pain too so no 1 experience is going to be the same.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My wife had this done two years after our last was born. My doc would not do the procedure on me because of past torsion. She had the operation on Friday afternoon and was back at work on Monday. Same woman missed a day of work after having gallbladder removed the next year.
They've gotten better at it. Mine was ~40 years ago. :D

But it's STILL more invasive than the vasectomy.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I had no issues. Doc said to wait 3 months before doing the sample. I'm due up for that, but haven't done it yet.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This is good information for a guy actually wanting to get one done. How long would say it takes to clean the gun powder out of the barrel after the procedure?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I had no issues. Doc said to wait 3 months before doing the sample. I'm due up for that, but haven't done it yet.
I am happy to help the process!!!

giphy.gif

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I had very little complication, but 5 days on the laZBoy during march madness didn't suck.

took about 3 weeks for the "punched in the groin" feeling to really go away.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I
This is good information for a guy actually wanting to get one done. How long would say it takes to clean the gun powder out of the barrel after the procedure?

20 blasts

• Funny
Reactions: Peter