KU vs KSU Brawl

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Superiority? Huh? This is just about an expectation that athletes behave with some sort of basic level of self control..

c4d038a3-67cb-47ad-adc2-96b918636996-GTY_1201066938.JPG

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
This is probably as close as any ISU fan here is going to get to saying "it looks like we were totally wrong about McCormack stomping on someone."

Why did the Big 12 give him two games? If it wasn't the 'wrong foot location' it must have been the generic 'wrong body location' ruling.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Bowlsby says home teams have to provide adequate security measures for student-athletes, coaches, game officials and spectators. That includes safe passage from the playing field to the locker room and protection of the visiting team bench area.

So why wasn't KU fined 25K? Rivalry game, 1 second left...adequate security? Don't think KU was successful in "ensuring the safety & security of the visiting team's bench".:rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
B12 administration comes out looking very weak with these punishments. But I suppose they don't want to damage their assets more than necessary. Bowlsby is the absolute worst.

I suspect these penalties were agreed to by the schools before being published. But they certainly don't match the "crimes."

It's noteworthy that Ku and its minions are happy to accept the punishment. That's really all you need to know, guys.

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009

B12 administration comes out looking very weak with these punishments. But I suppose they don't want to damage their assets more than necessary. Bowlsby is the absolute worst.

I suspect these penalties were agreed to by the schools before being published. But they certainly don't match the "crimes."

It's noteworthy that Ku and its minions are happy to accept the punishment. That's really all you need to know, guys.

So what should the punishments have been? In my opinion the most severe punishment should have gone to Love. Maybe his is less since he’s currently injured?

I haven’t heard any complaints from KSU about their punishments. They must be happy to accept it. What conclusions should we draw from that?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
So what should the punishments have been? In my opinion the most severe punishment should have gone to Love. Maybe his is less since he’s currently injured?

I haven’t heard any complaints from KSU about their punishments. They must be happy to accept it. What conclusions should we draw from that?
Love and DeSousa should have set for the rest of the season. Anyone throwing a punch with a closed fist should have had a six-game suspension. Anyone else leaving the bench should have had to sit one conference game.

It's noteworthy that Ku is starting to get internal pressure over issues dealing with basketball/discipline. Bill Self's program has a long history of abnormality by almost any standard.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/jan/22/board-regents-chair-student-body-president-concern/

After Tuesday night’s basketball brawl, the University of Kansas student body president expressed concern over the pattern of “violence” surrounding the program and the Board of Regents chair suggested he would be discussing the matter with university CEOs.

KU's chancellor, however, said nothing about the incident after the Journal-World asked his office for a statement on Wednesday.

When asked about the various behavioral issues reported within the KU men’s basketball program in recent years, KU Student Body President Tiara Floyd said, “I definitely see a pattern of disciplinary problems happening.”

Last edited:

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
After Tuesday night’s basketball brawl, the University of Kansas student body president expressed concern over the pattern of “violence” surrounding the program and the Board of Regents chair suggested he would be discussing the matter with university CEOs.
seems appropriate

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
What I find interesting is that KU has stepped forward and taken responsibility for their fault in the matter. KSU has done no such thing, even though had as much fault, if not more. They were also notably apprehensive about taking any responsibility for the court rushing incident in 2015.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I propose a new Big 8 Conference:

Get rid of Baylor and KU. They are not worthy of being in this conference. 2 black eyes, to say the least.

• Winner
Reactions: surly

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
What I find interesting is that KU has stepped forward and taken responsibility for their fault in the matter. KSU has done no such thing, even though had as much fault, if not more. They were also notably apprehensive about taking any responsibility for the court rushing incident in 2015.
I cannot give this a big enough eye roll. I give Self and the university kudos for their response to this but jfc beakers have been insufferable.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
With Baylor and KU athletic programs, there has/is so much filth. Off the field/court especially. Get rid of them.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
Love and DeSousa should have set for the rest of the season. Anyone throwing a punch with a closed fist should have had a six-game suspension. Anyone else leaving the bench should have had to sit one conference game.

It's noteworthy that Ku is starting to get internal pressure over issues dealing with basketball/discipline. Bill Self's program has a long history of abnormality by almost any standard.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/jan/22/board-regents-chair-student-body-president-concern/

KU's chancellor, however, said nothing about the incident after the Journal-World asked his office for a statement on Wednesday.

When asked about the various behavioral issues reported within the KU men’s basketball program in recent years, KU Student Body President Tiara Floyd said, “I definitely see a pattern of disciplinary problems happening.”
There is definitely a pattern. Lack of institutional control in 2006 and KU may have another lack of institutional control after the current NCAA investigation. Both during Self's tenure.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2006/apr/22/ncaa_kansas_lost_institutional_control/

A couple other incidents during Self's time and these are just related to violence:
- Morris brother(s) shooting visitors on campus with a BB gun.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=3545569
- Vick and Jackson vandalizing a car to the tune of several thousand dollars damage.
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article130423344.html
- Basketball players brawling with the football team.
http://thehoopdoctors.com/2009/09/kansas-basketball-team-brawls-with-football-team/

Just a few examples.

Last edited:

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

Is it really ALL you need to know? Still no statement from Weber? No problem with your KSU players ignoring their coach and bum rushing an opponent from the bench in response to a harmless technical foul? No problem with Weber making zero attempt to remove his players from the fight?

Last edited: