Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Lets do a recap since August.

Football: ISU - Big disappointment. Lose their Superbowl. Struggle to finish above .500. Destroyed in bowl game.

Iowa - Decent start. Struggle with injuries early and lose some close games. Finish strong with a nice bowl win and ranked top 15.

Basketball: ISU - Big disappointment. Lose their Superbowl. Historic bad loss at home to Florida institute of agriculture. Fight their way back to .500 in a down conference. Maybe make a run at the CBI? (unlikely)

Iowa - Several nice wins and a bad loss to Depaul that gives cause for concern. Decent start to conference despite losing several key players to injury. Top 25 ranking and #14 KenPom despite playing in the toughest conference in the country in a historically tough year.

Wresting: I don't really follow very much but Iowa is #1 and looking strong and ISU is not.

Conclusion: CyTwins has been on or near the ledge since September. i hope he gets the help he needs. Things are bound to get better buddy. there's only 1 way to go from here.

Yet, your insecurities lead you back here, every day for hours on end.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Uthoff was softer though. and he disappeared in Feb. Lets see if this team is different. I expect some sort of collapse though. Fun year with zero expectations.
Putting down your ex player, and now current players I see.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
No one has, now him leaving early for the NBA is a very real possibility.

that would surprise me I guess. Now I don't follow the NBA at all, but I guess if he will be projected as a first round pick he should go. Seems to me another year would help him out. But hey, who knows.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think the rumors of Conditt and Wieskamp looking to transfer are completely made up FWIW

Why do I feel like this has the same amount of credibility as the "Iowa watching Brock Purdy tape in bowl leadup" rumor you made up?

What reason could a kid who has been committed to Iowa since he was like 8, who is averaging 30+ minutes and 15 PPG on a Top 20 team, have to transfer?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Why do I feel like this has the same amount of credibility as the "Iowa watching Brock Purdy tape in bowl leadup" rumor you made up?

What reason could a kid who has been committed to Iowa since he was like 8, who is averaging 30+ minutes and 15 PPG on a Top 20 team, have to transfer?
Conditt and Weiscamp are not transferring. Both love the schools they are at. Weiscamp could leave early though but we'll just have to wait and see.

• Agree
Reactions: Shawker and CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Everything I said is true though. No need to sugar coat it. I think this team is different but time will tell.
Garza seems to be a rock that Iowa can continuously lean on. The past Hawkeye teams haven't had a guy like that, even though they did have talent.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Everything I said is true though. No need to sugar coat it. I think this team is different but time will tell.

Going to be a lot of close games though. Iowa could have very easily lost to both Rutgers and Michigan these last two games. Don't be surprised if they start losing a few of these close games. It is going to be a battle these last 12 games.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That averages to 8 a game. ISU's leading rebounder averages 5.9 a game.

I'm going to let you in on a little something-- Twins has run out of things to criticize Iowa basketball about. Now most would admit defeat. Most would say admit that Iowa, and it's players, are having a good year. Fran is having a good year. Garza is having a good year. Hell, even Connor seems to have settled into a decent role. You would especially think that with the type of year Iowa State, whom he pumps up in equal parts to his putting down of Iowa, is having would accelerate his need to admit he was wrong. But alas.

So at this point, all he has is "Garza stinks late in games". That's the only thing he can try to use to keep his sinking ship afloat.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm going to let you in on a little something-- Twins has run out of things to criticize Iowa basketball about. Now most would admit defeat. Most would say admit that Iowa, and it's players, are having a good year. Fran is having a good year. Garza is having a good year. Hell, even Connor seems to have settled into a decent role. You would especially think that the type of year Iowa State, whom he pumps up in equal parts to his putting down of Iowa, would accelerate his need to admit he was wrong. But alas.

So at this point, all he has is "Garza stinks late in games". That's the only thing he can try to use to keep his sinking ship afloat.
This isn't a shot at Twins but Iowa wouldn't be in most games without Garza this year. He's their best player and MVP and it's not even close.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron