Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Why would I be mad we passed on a guy that wouldn't see the field at good programs? Lol cmon

The only lol is saying Iowa is not a good program. Compared to who else? If you say ISU I wont be mad, just amused haha.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Garza is as clutch as they come. Him as a big vs any big ISU has........ no question who you pick 10 out of 10 times. Would he start yet at ISU Twins hahaha.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Garza is as clutch as they come. Him as a big vs any big ISU has........ no question who you pick 10 out of 10 times. Would he start yet at ISU Twins hahaha.

Garza is great the first 30 min of the game then he disappears.

Yes he would start at Iowa State

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Box scores have a "clutch in last 5 minutes column?"

-Iowa posters, feel free to make fun of that take.

The original statement by ya boi twins said last 10 minutes. But yes Garza is clutch. Better than anyone Iowa has had in the post in the last 10-15 years, easy.

• Dumb
  • Disagree
Reactions: JP4CY and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The original statement by ya boi twins said last 10 minutes. But yes Garza is clutch. Better than anyone Iowa has had in the post in the last 10-15 years, easy.

Uthoff had a better clutch gene than Garza. There's a reason he gives the keys to Wieskamp and just tries to stay out of the way at the end of games

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't care what the original statement was, but feel free to make fun of that stupid one.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Garza is great the first 30 min of the game then he disappears.

Yes he would start at Iowa State

He is a second half rebounding machine. He had 3 rebounds against and Rutgers in the first half and got 10 in the second half. The only part of his game that is questionable right now is the clutch FT shooting. he only shoots 65%. His defense is improving also. But in a zone defense, you can never really tell the impact of a single player due to the help defense being a major factor.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Uthoff had a better clutch gene than Garza. There's a reason he gives the keys to Wieskamp and just tries to stay out of the way at the end of games

Honestly, why wouldnt you give the keys to JW? He is the best player in the state. If not best right up there with Garza Green and Hali.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
When? Back in August when you joined for the first time?
Lets do a recap since August.

Football: ISU - Big disappointment. Lose their Superbowl. Struggle to finish above .500. Destroyed in bowl game.

Iowa - Decent start. Struggle with injuries early and lose some close games. Finish strong with a nice bowl win and ranked top 15.

Basketball: ISU - Big disappointment. Lose their Superbowl. Historic bad loss at home to Florida institute of agriculture. Fight their way back to .500 in a down conference. Maybe make a run at the CBI? (unlikely)

Iowa - Several nice wins and a bad loss to Depaul that gives cause for concern. Decent start to conference despite losing several key players to injury. Top 25 ranking and #14 KenPom despite playing in the toughest conference in the country in a historically tough year.

Wresting: I don't really follow very much but Iowa is #1 and looking strong and ISU is not.

Conclusion: CyTwins has been on or near the ledge since September. i hope he gets the help he needs. Things are bound to get better buddy. there's only 1 way to go from here.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He is a second half rebounding machine. He had 3 rebounds against and Rutgers in the first half and got 10 in the second half. The only part of his game that is questionable right now is the clutch FT shooting. he only shoots 65%. His defense is improving also. But in a zone defense, you can never really tell the impact of a single player due to the help defense being a major factor.

He's great the first 10 min of the second half. He had two rebounds the final 10 min of the game last night lol

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

Uthoff was softer though. and he disappeared in Feb. Lets see if this team is different. I expect some sort of collapse though. Fun year with zero expectations.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I hope this doesn't mean he's gonna return to college next year and go all "superbowl" on Foster and the Cyclones.

If the rumor about Conditt maybe looking to transfer if Haliburton leaves is true, Foster may play a lot. I would love to see him try and stop Garza.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron