Vikings fans...

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Could we see some trades or maybe a veteran or two get cut in order to free up some cap space? I wonder if anyone would give up a 3rd rounder for Rhodes.

I know we need to improve at corner and could use a DT to start next to Linval, but in reality, the o-line has to be the #1 concern. O'Neill had a solid year and Bradbury looked decent. It wasn't enough though. If the Vikings can somehow put together a dominant line then there's no reason why they shouldn't be making a deep run in the playoffs.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I'm betting this is a one year thing, then he "retires" and they give the OC position to his son.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'm hearing Cousins will be extended. Likely Cuts: Rhoades, Griffen, Reiff. Griffen would have to take a pay cut to stay. Not sure if they will sign Waynes or extend Cook. Time will tell.

Keeping Kubiak is a good idea.

Reactions: cyfan21

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Could we see some trades or maybe a veteran or two get cut in order to free up some cap space? I wonder if anyone would give up a 3rd rounder for Rhodes.

I know we need to improve at corner and could use a DT to start next to Linval, but in reality, the o-line has to be the #1 concern. O'Neill had a solid year and Bradbury looked decent. It wasn't enough though. If the Vikings can somehow put together a dominant line then there's no reason why they shouldn't be making a deep run in the playoffs.
Any GM that offers a 3rd round pick for Rhodes needs to be fired immediately. He's a shell of his former self.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'd be on the phone seeing what you can get for Dalvin Cook. Likely to hold out...likely to have a Jacoby Ellsbury level of bad contract.

Absolute stud when he's healthy but going to be expensive and struggles to stay healthy.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm hearing Cousins will be extended. Likely Cuts: Rhoades, Griffen, Reiff. Griffen would have to take a pay cut to stay. Not sure if they will sign Waynes or extend Cook. Time will tell.
Keeping Kubiak is a good idea.

Small chance, but there's a chance Griffen stays because of his appreciation with how the Vikes have handled his mental health struggles.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'd be on the phone seeing what you can get for Dalvin Cook. Likely to hold out...likely to have a Jacoby Ellsbury level of bad contract.

Absolute stud when he's healthy but going to be expensive and struggles to stay healthy.
Curious what makes you think he's likely to hold out. Not saying it isn't true, but recent statements from him seem the opposite.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Youth at RB is the way to go. Would be pretty unpopular with fans but the smart move.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Any GM that offers a 3rd round pick for Rhodes needs to be fired immediately. He's a shell of his former self.
I thought he looked decent in the wild card game, even after getting hurt. There were times that he looked good this season but he is too much of a liability. I could see someone like the Dolphins maybe giving up a 3rd or 4th round pick just to add a veteran to a weak secondary. They have a lot of draft picks so it could be worth it for them.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Somewhat related -- If you are looking for some cool glassware with "SKOL" imprinted on it, I see the now shuttered Skol bar/restaurant south of the East Village in Des Moines just posted to their FB page that they will be open 4-6 today (Wed, 01/29) and 11-1pm tomorrow to sell remaining stock of beer and glassware (with Skol logo). $1 per glass. $2 tall boys.

https://skoldsm.com/

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
RIP Chris Doleman
He was part of my favorite front four ever. Doleman, Keith Millard, Henry Thomas, and Al Noga. They were nightmares for qbs.. I believe that year the defense had something like 70 sacks, which was shy of only the 85 Bears for best ever. He was an absolute beast coming off the edge

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
He was part of my favorite front four ever. Doleman, Keith Millard, Henry Thomas, and Al Noga. They were nightmares for qbs.. I believe that year the defense had something like 70 sacks, which was shy of only the 85 Bears for best ever. He was an absolute beast coming off the edge

That defense was a monster. Recent history is almost a repeat of what happened back then. Wasted a great defense with a middling offense and rotating circus of meh QBs. Kramer and Wilson are two that come to mind.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
That defense was a monster. Recent history is almost a repeat of what happened back then. Wasted a great defense with a middling offense and rotating circus of meh QBs. Kramer and Wilson are two that come to mind.

I don't remember it but my Dad tells the story of my first Vikings game. I must've been about 5-6 toward the end of Kramer's career. I was wearing a Kramer jersey, or at least whatever you want to call what you can get from the JC Penney's or Sears catalog back in those days. Kramer was sucking and the fans were booing. I sunk down in my seat and discreetly put my coat back on over that #9.