Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Right!? One venue we looked at charged $200-$300 /day for corporate events and $2000 /day for wedding receptions, and these were both Saturday rates. What's really the difference that costs $1500?

This is why we went destination. I've seen enough documentaries about the ripoffs of the wedding business.

I showed my wife a few documentaries about the true value of a diamond, that was crossing the line i guess. Still had to by her a nice fancy one although it has little to no actual value.

edit: I know it means a lot to her so I was thrilled to do it.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
If it's any help - I've completely forgotten who you are now that you've changed your avatar. Penalty of being old. Or perk. Take your pick!
I've never changed my avatar! I think I've had the same name and picture since I started ;)

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Right!? One venue we looked at charged $200-$300 /day for corporate events and $2000 /day for wedding receptions, and these were both Saturday rates. What's really the difference that costs $1500?

The emotion of it. You're supposed to want to pay more for your special day.
They might include a little more service for the price, but not enough to justify the cost. Just another way to gouge a customer.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I just want to say, I've always envisioned you to be a grown-up version of Squints based on your avatar. Please tell me that's at least somewhat accurate

Yes, here I am.

60010610.jpg

But no, but sorta maybe? The av only came from a mafia game that was Sandlot themed, and then I just was too lazy to change it afterwards. I mainly recognize people by avatars so when they change theirs it angers me.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
18 lbs? Sounds like he enjoys not moving more than getting away from a brushing. My cat goes apeshit if you try to brush her. or touch her, or look at her. Ok my cat is the devil.
No...he's really THAT big. He loves to put his paws up and lean against me (like a small dog would do). Granted, I'm not very tall...but his front paws reach to the bottom of my ribcage. When I'm standing up!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
But no, but sorta maybe? The av only came from a mafia game that was Sandlot themed, and then I just was too lazy to change it afterwards. I mainly recognize people by avatars so when they change theirs it angers me.
Me too! It doesn't make me angry when they change, but I do have to make sure who I'm responding to!

And I picture you as what we all THINK Squints would be as an adult, not how the actor turned out.

• Agree
Reactions: BuffettClone

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
No...he's really THAT big. He loves to put his paws up and lean against me (like a small dog would do). Granted, I'm not very tall...but his front paws reach to the bottom of my ribcage. When I'm standing up!

You sure it's a cat and not some tiger hybrid?

Our cat acts way more like a dog, and our dog acts like a cat. Our cat will play fetch, our dog will look at you like "f that I'm not chasing that" and lay back down.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Yes, here I am.

60010610.jpg

Well, that's the last time I compare avatars to the real person. Next, somebody's going to tell me KC isn't actually a monkey!

Yes, I know orangutans are apes, not actually monkeys.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Did you know weddings are expensive?

Friday nights are usually cheaper but getting more popular. Sundays even moreso but Sunday weddings are terrible, imo.

If you are looking at May, you could maybe see about the Sunday of Memorial weekend? That's basically a Saturday then. Competing with grad parties depending where you are but maybe worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron