Okie St Dual

pancake

Nov 19, 2017
You're way more optimistic than I am. Hope you are right!
125: Nick Picc maj Mackall - 4-0 Okie * - If this is not a fall or TF, I am pleased
133: Small dec Witcraft - 4-3 okie * - Small has a path to grind out a win, but as others have said, needs to stay away from the big move.
141: Parker dec Gfeller/Hone - 6-4 ISU * - If Hone, I agree. I think G beats Ian, unfortunately.
149: Lewallen dec Degen - 7-6 Okie *- If Degan, I agree. If Leisure, MD or Pin
157: Carr maj Sheets - 10-7 ISU *- Assuming Carr is really not hurt, I still think it's a regular decision.
165: Wittlake dec Straw - 10-10 * - At least a MD here.
174: Colbray dec Shomers - 13-10 ISU * - ok
184: Montalvo dec Coleman - 13-13 *- Montalvo just beat top 10 Pitt guy. Hopefully, Marcus holds to a regular decsion.
197: Geer maj Shapiro 17-13 Okie *- This is likely Pin.
285: Gremmel dec Harris/Putnam 17-16 Okie * - ok
Parker will beat either Hone or Gfeller; both are probably pulling more weight and the one hour weigh plus Parker's pace will wear them down. Carr will get a major, Straw will give Wittlake all he can handle. Coleman has a decent chance to win. I see this as a 5-5 possible 6-4 dual, without Degen.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Degen is game time decision. No promises on if he will wrestle as of now.
200.gif

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
For you guys, I asked Dresser today to give me recruiting nuggets cause y’all are always asking. He went on a long tangent so I hope it satisfies everyone’s souls somewhat

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
For you guys, I asked Dresser today to give me recruiting nuggets cause y’all are always asking. He went on a long tangent so I hope it satisfies everyone’s souls somewhat

Yeah, He can't say names, but I think he can give vague answers if a particular name is asked.

jcordova8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
What I meant is that we talked a lot about how recruiting has been and struggles or positives, etc. Obviously, no names or specifics discussed. Lol

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Parker will beat either Hone or Gfeller; both are probably pulling more weight and the one hour weigh plus Parker's pace will wear them down. Carr will get a major, Straw will give Wittlake all he can handle. Coleman has a decent chance to win. I see this as a 5-5 possible 6-4 dual, without Degen.
Really thought Gfeller would be a title contender this year. Wonder if its the cut or some undisclosed lingering injury.

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
What I meant is that we talked a lot about how recruiting has been and struggles or positives, etc. Obviously, no names or specifics discussed. Lol

I'd love to hear the interview, but I can't find it. Help please.

jcordova8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Yeah I haven't shared any of it yet! I'll drop links to things as I share them of course.

Reactions: CyBobby

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Interesting quotes from Dresser in Gazette article written by Ben Visser this morning. I don’t have online access to link it - if someone here does it’s worth the read.

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
Interesting quotes from Dresser in Gazette article written by Ben Visser this morning. I don’t have online access to link it - if someone here does it’s worth the read.

Thank you for the tip!

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...uni-wrestling-against-oklahoma-state-20200125

I had to answer numerous questions about my "video game playing" to get access.

The gist from the Gazette article:

“In order to do something you’re not supposed to do — on paper we’re not supposed to beat Oklahoma State — you have to want something really, really bad,” Dresser said. “Hopefully that desire will force these 10 guys to do the right things all week long and set themselves up for success when it gets tough. And it will get tough that last period. We need to feel good enough and be tough enough to finish that last period of the match and get our hand raised....”

“I’m not going to get up here on Sunday if we lose — unless it’s blatantly something my fault — and say, ‘We got beat and it’s on me as a coach.’ That’s crap. It’s not on me as the coach. It’s on 10 guys.

“I was a wrestler once, too, and when we lost, you didn’t hear (Dan) Gable say in one press conference, ‘It’s my fault the team got beat.’ No. He put it on us. They put it on us to the point where when you walked off the mat and you didn’t do a good job, you could expect another workout within 45 minutes of the dual meet being over. And you didn’t question it. We need to have a little more of that.”

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Thank you for the tip!

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...uni-wrestling-against-oklahoma-state-20200125

I had to answer numerous questions about my "video game playing" to get access.

The gist from the Gazette article:

“In order to do something you’re not supposed to do — on paper we’re not supposed to beat Oklahoma State — you have to want something really, really bad,” Dresser said. “Hopefully that desire will force these 10 guys to do the right things all week long and set themselves up for success when it gets tough. And it will get tough that last period. We need to feel good enough and be tough enough to finish that last period of the match and get our hand raised....”

“I’m not going to get up here on Sunday if we lose — unless it’s blatantly something my fault — and say, ‘We got beat and it’s on me as a coach.’ That’s crap. It’s not on me as the coach. It’s on 10 guys.

“I was a wrestler once, too, and when we lost, you didn’t hear (Dan) Gable say in one press conference, ‘It’s my fault the team got beat.’ No. He put it on us. They put it on us to the point where when you walked off the mat and you didn’t do a good job, you could expect another workout within 45 minutes of the dual meet being over. And you didn’t question it. We need to have a little more of that.”
Thanks for linking that

Sturge34

Oct 28, 2019
I love Dresser but gtfo here with that "this generation" bs. Every generation has people who want something for nothing and on the flipside people willing to kill themselves and sacrifice to get what they want. Stupid generalization coach.
I agree with you on most of the generational hoopla seems overblown. There are many kids that do want the instant satisfaction from social media and that is the part I think is true. Maybe he sees something in the room the rest of us don't and wants to motivate them. The team has plenty of potential to have a successful March.

Reactions: HitItHard58