Jamie's level of concern pertaining to Iowa

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
We know Iowa will finish the season strong like always and their walk on SG will continue to shoot over 50 percent from 3. Other than that everything else is a crapshoot
Who gives a crap if he was a walk on. He’s good....

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I’m assuming his dad cares. That a big check to write. It hurts when I write my sons check and that’s in state.

In two years I will have two in college, better start buying the pork and beans that I will be eating for a year.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I’m assuming his dad cares. That a big check to write. It hurts when I write my sons check and that’s in state.

In two years I will have two in college, better start buying the pork and beans that I will be eating for a year.
T’s and P’s...I feel your pain.

CJ commited as a walk on but when Christian Williams transferred he was offered a scholarship. He never had to pay

Oh, my oldest joined the Air Force and my youngest got accepted by a nursing program in Germany so it looks like I won’t have to pay tuition for either...dodged a bullet there

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BCClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Iowa fans seem to get worked up about it and I'm not sure why. Sure the kid is a walk on and like Baer, Ash, Till, etc has some serious limitations to his game but that doesn't mean he's not an asset to the team

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Iowa fans seem to get worked up about it and I'm not sure why. Sure the kid is a walk on and like Baer, Ash, Till, etc has some serious limitations to his game but that doesn't mean he's not an asset to the team
He’s been on scholarship his whole time at Iowa...regardless, he’s a heck of a player. Been super impressed with him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He’s been on scholarship his whole time at Iowa...regardless, he’s a heck of a player. Been super impressed with him.

He committed to Iowa as a walk on and got a scholarship just like Baer. They're feel good stories IMO

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sounds like a recruiting problem.
I'll be reasonable with you. 3 of them were underclassmen: 2 guys went professional, one guy got booted because he was a knucklehead.
You can't always plan on that happening recruiting wise.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
T’s and P’s...I feel your pain.

CJ commited as a walk on but when Christian Williams transferred he was offered a scholarship. He never had to pay

Oh, my oldest joined the Air Force and my youngest got accepted by a nursing program in Germany so it looks like I won’t have to pay tuition for either...dodged a bullet there

Son is being nice and burning through college. Will be 2 credits short of Jr level this may after his second semester. Getting through in 3 years.

Was CJ probably promised a scholly after his first year or would get one if one opened up? Did he have other D1 offers?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This is an improvement over his last 10 usernames.
Fans like him are completely clouded by their bias that they can't fathom their rival ever being better than them in everything. If it ever happens, they turn to excuses and denial, bring up the past and live there, or even completely stop watching their team if they're struggling all together.

Fans like that are everywhere. They're on here too. There are times when I'm like that, but I try hard not to be because it's not fun. I wouldn't be on another team's website either, trying to patronize everyone who disagrees with them. There are some Hawk fans that don't and are welcomed here, however the fans that do help create negative emotions towards all of them.

I also don't understand why Iowa State fans are over on other sites commenting. Reading the site is one thing but continuously going onto somewhere and commenting where you're the vocal minority just because someone is talking about your team in a bad way or you don't agree with their opinions shows fragility.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Fans like him are completely clouded by their bias that they can't fathom their rival ever being better than them in everything. If it ever happens, they turn to excuses and denial, bring up the past and live there, or even completely stop watching their team if they're struggling all together.

Fans like that are everywhere. They're on here too. There are times when I'm like that, but I try hard not to be because it's not fun. I wouldn't be on another team's website either, trying to patronize everyone who disagrees with them. There are some Hawk fans that don't and are welcomed here, however the fans that do help create negative emotions towards all of them.

I also don't understand why Iowa State fans are over on other sites commenting. Reading the site is one thing but continuously going onto somewhere and commenting where you're the vocal minority just because someone is talking about your team in a bad way or you don't agree with their opinions shows fragility.
*slow clap*

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019

You literally argued that ISU had a path to the tourney after losing to Florida A&M at home.