Kansas/Kansas St. What punishment will fit this crime?

Irish1

Feb 5, 2016
I was home sick today and heard all the commentary and opinions. What do the fanatics think?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
3 players out for our trip to AFH.

Cant say i would be upset with beating KU with our worst team in a decade

How quickly we forget. That 17-18 team was pretty damn bad. I could be wrong but I don't think this group will finish 4-14 and dead last in conference play.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
How quickly we forget. That 17-18 team was pretty damn bad. I could be wrong but I don't think this group will finish 4-14 and dead last in conference play.

I should have just said this decade.

But i don't think that 17-18 team would have been that bad of it wasnt for all the injuries. At pne point i think we literally had 5 scholarship players healthy.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Is it just me, or is this really not severe enough of a punishment? I mean De Sousa should not touch the floor again this year and lose a year of eligibility.

McCormack only getting a two-game suspension is downright awful.

I think if the B12 wanted to be aggressive and make a statement about this, I would suspend Bill Self for two games for losing control of his team. He's responsible for those young men, and frankly the buck stops at him.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
13 games left in the regular season and the Big 12 hands down a 12-game suspension for De Sousa. Genius.

I suppose KU Basketball will also announce they've dismissed De Sousa from the program an hour after De Sousa announces he's leaving the program to train for the draft.

And this off-season Billiam Self will announce his acceptance of an NBA head coach gig the day before KU's appeals are settled and NCAA penalties are officially doled out.

In the grand scheme of conference play, these suspensions for both teams are highly unlikely to affect anybody's matchups. All 4 are bench players, or role players with limited minutes/production.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Is it just me, or is this really not severe enough of a punishment? I mean De Sousa should not touch the floor again this year and lose a year of eligibility.

McCormack only getting a two-game suspension is downright awful.

I think if the B12 wanted to be aggressive and make a statement about this, I would suspend Bill Self for two games for losing control of his team. He's responsible for those young men, and frankly the buck stops at him.

Then you would have to give Weber at least one if not two games also. Which, I have no problem with. And no.....it's not severe enough. DeSousa and the kid from KSU in plain clothes should never be allowed to play in the Big 12...or anywhere on the collegiate level again. That is the message you send. Otherwise what happens next time? Eventually they will water it down to "oh, these kids grew up in a tough situation so let's not "judge" how they respond to things like this". I think I have heard a little of this now. As for McCormack.....at least 5 games......the very least. Oh well, the perks playing for KU.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Then you would have to give Weber at least one if not two games also. Which, I have no problem with. And no.....it's not severe enough. DeSousa and the kid from KSU in plain clothes should never be allowed to play in the Big 12...or anywhere on the collegiate level again. That is the message you send. Otherwise what happens next time? Eventually they will water it down to "oh, these kids grew up in a tough situation so let's not "judge" how they respond to things like this". I think I have heard a little of this now. As for McCormack.....at least 5 games......the very least. Oh well, the perks playing for KU.
You are starting to sound like Tom Osborne right there.

Help Support Us

Become a patron