KU vs KSU Brawl

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
Self should be suspended for the rest of the year by the league.
FBI
Stripper Poles
Now fight night at the Phog
Enough, KU is an embarrassment and deserves zero respect from the other members of this conference.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Well actually, the first choice is to block it, walk away and celebrate with your teammates on drubbing KSU. He made his choice.....and here we are.
It's hilarious to read over and over here that so many Iowa State fans have zero problem with Kansas State's entire team leaving the bench and rushing out onto the court to begin a physical altercation with an opposing player while also claiming that it is vile and scummy to attempt to defend any of these actions.

Do you not see it?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Found this picture? As in I watched the video and could actually see what was happening without a pathetically jaded eye.

Look at any other sport, when 1 player is in a vulnerable position and the opposing team has multiple people confronting him, there is quickly an escalated situation.

Here's a "hot take" - living on some other team's fan site, telling them how to think, and whining when they call out your idiocy
I see personal fouls called like exactly what you described in football all the time.

When was the last time you saw it result in the opposing team rushing out onto the field and assaulting the player responsible for the personal foul?

NEVER. And those are after violent physical contact. This was a clean block and a freaking standover. Good grief. That happens in every football game.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
It's hilarious to read over and over here that so many Iowa State fans have zero problem with Kansas State's entire team leaving the bench and rushing out onto the court to begin a physical altercation with an opposing player while also claiming that it is vile and scummy to attempt to defend any of these actions.

Do you not see it?
No standover........no bench clearing. Starting point to everything. You either don't understand or trying real hard not to. You might do better over at JayHawk Nation or whatever website they have.

• Winner
  • Optimistic
Reactions: CyBobby and surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I believe the schools will give out the penalties and then the B12 will either accept or reject. They're both sorting that out now.

It's hard to rumble in football because of the equipment.

This may aid in getting cheatin' Bill out of the B12 permanently, although he's acted correctly throughout this brawl affair.

Blaming the steal or shot block veracity is an excuse for the mayhem that followed, nothing less.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If I remember the Celtic Laker game the other night, after Jaylen Brown took it to the rack and dunked over LeBron James, Brown got T’d up for staring down at James.

Refs did the correct thing and called the T.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
If an opponent of ours decided to be a *****, steal the ball and dunk when they were getting whooped by us I'd hope one of our guys would block him into the shadow realm too. Just hopefully without the punching and stuff afterwards.
You mean like UConn in the NCAAs??? Instead our players watched him make ajackass off himself whiffing on a windmill. Glad they were more mature than you

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Like I said, Marcus Smart got 3 games for going after a fan in the stands. And you think that a 13+ game suspension is appropriate?

KDS

Yes I do, it was a bench clearing brawl and the player that instigated the mess also picked up a chair with intent to use it as a weapon. I think Smart should have got more than 3 games back then too. If this was any of our players that started something like that I'd be just fine with a season ending suspension too all things considered about how chaotic that brawl.

Let me guess, you think a similar 3 game suspension would be appropriate?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
How can they punish KU when Baylor gets no serious punishment for organizing a massive rape syndicate?

Hey I am complete with you on the Baylor situation too, how they never got the hammer laid down on that program for basically covering up a rape culture is pathetic. I'll even go as far as saying it may have been a worse situation than the Penn State problems considering how many players along with administration that were in the know and didn't do anything about it.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You mean like UConn in the NCAAs??? Instead our players watched him make ajackass off himself whiffing on a windmill. Glad they were more mature than you
Just thinking about Lamb getting his shot swatted 10 rows deep and ending up in a heap on the ground got me a little hard. Too bad it didn't happen that way. Thanks, fly boy!

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
whatever man, the fact that Naismith invented the game is the actual genesis of this incident.

KU is to blame for all that is bad in basketball and forever shall be referred to as "The Culprit of Chicanery and Shenanigans" henceforth.

Can we now stop talking about blame? It's KU's fault.

I believe rather than talking blame, we might get further if you discuss 'contribution', because then all involved can see how they contributed to the situation. Last week I heard the GM of the KC Royals speak and he talked about the work he has done in prisons. He has asked guys why they were there and said he could sum up the #1 reason is pride...theirs wouldn't let them walk away from a situation.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyrulean

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
That picture is so wrong! It was a folding chair not a stool.
ku_bkc_ksu12_MdwhR08_t960.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
I believe rather than talking blame, we might get further if you discuss 'contribution', because then all involved can see how they contributed to the situation. Last week I heard the GM of the KC Royals speak and he talked about the work he has done in prisons. He has asked guys why they were there and said he could sum up the #1 reason is pride...theirs wouldn't let them walk away from a situation.
giphy.gif

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
Eh, this whole thing happened because the entire Kansas State team.left the bench and attacked DeSousa.
Reminds me of when a photo was snapped of a security guard physically accosting a Cyclone fan that was yelling at Self after a KU player did what the KSU player did and another reportedly mooned the student section.

The photo made it look like the Cyclone fan was the aggressor. While not completely innocent, the photo made it look far worse than what it was. And Kansas fans ran with that image for years. Totally unfair to the fan.

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
I see personal fouls called like exactly what you described in football all the time.

When was the last time you saw it result in the opposing team rushing out onto the field and assaulting the player responsible for the personal foul?

NEVER. And those are after violent physical contact. This was a clean block and a freaking standover. Good grief. That happens in every football game.
You hold yourself out as a sophisticated fan of college basketball. So I ask you: Have you EVER seen a guy stand over an opponent like DeSousa did and NOT get shoved? Yet it's the shoving that caused the melee? Please.

• Winner
Reactions: Peter

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Reminds me of when a photo was snapped of a security guard physically accosting a Cyclone fan that was yelling at Self after a KU player did what the KSU player did and another reportedly mooned the student section.

The photo made it look like the Cyclone fan was the aggressor. While not completely innocent, the photo made it look far worse than what it was. And Kansas fans ran with that image for years. Totally unfair to the fan.

And that fan was mad at the biggest theft of a game by the officials I've witnessed until the KState football game 2 years ago Enough reason to yell which is all he was doing Security did well to block him so things didn't escalate Easy too much wase made of it

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron