Jamie's level of concern pertaining to Iowa

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Same for Pollard, but I guess ISU fans accept these results as good.

Football Winning Pct Average
Bruce Van De Velde - .528

Jamie Pollard - .380

Basketball Winning Pct Average
Bruce Van De Velde - .475

Jamie Pollard - .442

Wrestling Final National Ranking Average
Bruce Van De Velde - 9

Jamie Pollard - 18

You've refuted nothing I've said about Gary Barta.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You've refuted nothing I've said about Gary Barta.

I don't like him and thought he should have been fired already.

Now, you've refuted nothing I've said about Pollard's results since being at ISU. Seems like they have went backwards since he got there.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Then WTF are you doing arguing with me about this and trying to divert the conversation to Pollard? Good God.

Just wondering why Pollard gets a free pass for actually doing worse than the last AD did.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
In terms of his day to day decision making he's been one disaster after another. I get that you gotta stick up for your guy here, but you know as well as I do he shouldn't be anywhere near a role this important. After the Title IX debacle he's lucky to have a job at all.
I’m not a Barta fan...just pointing out the major sports are doing well.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I’m not a Barta fan...just pointing out the major sports are doing well.

And not doing so well at ISU under Pollard's reign.

Jamie Pollard - .380

Jamie Pollard - .442

Bruce Van De Velde - 9

Jamie Pollard - 18

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And not doing so well at ISU under Pollard's reign.

Jamie Pollard - .380

Jamie Pollard - .442

Bruce Van De Velde - 9

Jamie Pollard - 18
I think Jamie made great moves in bringing Matt Campbell, Fred and Steve, and Dresser to Iowa State.

All of those guys have done pretty well so far.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I think Jamie made great moves in bringing Matt Campbell, Fred and Steve, and Dresser to Iowa State.

All of those guys have done pretty well so far.

I'll give you Fred and Campbell, but that is 2 out of how many?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You had me til Steve.
I'm not here to rant and rave about Prohm, but at the time it looked to be a pretty good hire and overall he's done an alright job. Obviously this season we're not doing as good but there's another really good recruiting class coming in next year, so the future looks bright in that aspect.

• Funny
Reactions: HawkJRP

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'll give you Fred and Campbell, but that is 2 out of how many?
He's also done a great job of selling the Iowa State brand and because of that and the success we've had, our facilities are starting to grow and get better as well. And as an AD, one great hire can save your job.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Tom Brands. And the womens bball coach if he hired her, cant recall how long she has been there.

Brands took over a program that won the Big Tens every year and National Title most years. Since then he has won one Big title in the last decade and no national titles. Lol cmon

Reactions: Rural

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm not here to rant and rave about Prohm, but at the time it looked to be a pretty good hire and overall he's done an alright job. Obviously this season we're not doing as good but there's another really good recruiting class coming in next year, so the future looks bright in that aspect.

I'm not here to rant and rave about Steve either. Just don't think he belongs on a list of successful hires by Jamie. That list is two people long. Campbell and Fred.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm not here to rant and rave about Steve either. Just don't think he belongs on a list of successful hires by Jamie. That list is two people long. Campbell and Fred.
I would say those are 100% his best hires and it's not even close. Whether or not Steve is the right guy, he took a shot on Fred and Fred completely changed the landscape of Iowa State basketball.

Even if you get a couple of hires that don't work out, if the next guy you bring is successful, that usually carries more weight.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Brands took over a program that won the Big Tens every year and National Title most years.

I know you are new to following wrestling but Iowa didnt win a national title the 6 years immediately before Brands was hired.