KU vs KSU Brawl

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
A lot blame to be thrown around here. Has anything like this happened before in college bball?

There have been fights, but they normally do not spill into the crowd, and certainly have not seen any player grab a chair or broom with initial intent to use it.

Kids do stupid stuff all the time, but that was just weird, for a brief second his intent was to use it, otherwise he would have not picked it up.

Optics alone regardless if he put it down the chair after someone was telling him to do so, gonna get you a regular season suspension I would think. Might be back for conference tourney. May do some kind of indefinite suspension thing

I do think he should be allowed to play in the NCAA tourney.

Last edited:

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Say what you want about Bill and I’m sure I’ll get killed for this, but I’ve never seen him as a sleezy coach in the same vein as the other coaches wrapped up in some of these other scandals. I see him as a stand up dude with stuff like this.

Probably a good guy.

Definitely a ruthless businessman.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I cannot fathom how stealing the ball and going for a dunk under 10 seconds left in a blowout is NOT bush league, but blocking said attempt IS.
Neither is a reason for chaos afterward. Both are good excuses though.

beautiful-young-woman-home-skeptic-260nw-1507603730.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Scott34

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I cannot fathom how stealing the ball and going for a dunk under 10 seconds left in a blowout is NOT bush league, but blocking said attempt IS.

Nobody is saying the block was the problem, good for him to hustle back and saying no way. Go out and flex at mid court or waive your finger walking away after you do it.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I watched a few times....honestly, De Sousa with the chair is next level stuff...but i hope they also hand down some severe penalties for the folks that ran from the benches, etc.

Using football as an example, DMont did one punch in a onfield skirmish and got tossed and missed a half. Three times as many bball games, so bench dudes should at minimum get one game, if not 2-3...then of course look at the tape and further assess who did more than just run there.

The SEC challenge on Saturday kinda saves them both in terms of conference rankings if they have to play short handed and then they play OSU/OK next week, so easier (not Baylor, for example).

I thought about it last night...can you imagine KSU having to play with say 6 guys next game, all walk ons/end of the bench.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
What will really matter is what the big 12 hands down. A Kansas indefinite suspension just means he’s suspended until they want him to play.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
What will really matter is what the big 12 hands down. A Kansas indefinite suspension just means he’s suspended until they want him to play.

So 11 games from now Kansas goes to KSU.

He is not going to be allowed to play in that one. That would not be good. Despite KSU having a bad year, that is going to be a nasty environment.

Lots and lots of fouls called in that one.

RealtreeByGod

Feb 25, 2014

Which will probably be 5 games for everyone who participated in the actual fight except De Sousa who's a bench warmer and irrelevant to their success. Conveniently placing their return @WVU on the 12th, a game which most likely will have Big XII title implications for both teams.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Just a reminder that the Big 12 only suspended Marcus Smart 3 games for going into the stands and pushing a fan.

• Funny
Reactions: srjclone