KU vs KSU Brawl

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Bill Self Text Messages (https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article220324810.html)

Snoop Dogg Money Cannon (https://www.kshb.com/news/local-new...ppers-controversial-performance-at-university)

Now this. If the B12 doesn't do anything about KU this year, then the conference has lost its integrity. I'm not sure there is a scenario in all of this where Bill Self is the head coach of the Jayhawks next year.

He won't be fired though. They will golden parachute him to the Spurs (Pop retiring to move to Wine Country in Oregon that he loves!) or OK City (Self is coming home!). Then hire Turgeon or whomever and start it all over again with new bag men and AAU guys.

Reactions: Peter

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Would you guys have been ok with KU scoring, or at least trying to score, on that last possession?

no different than the walk-on for WV scoring and then them carrying him off on their shoulders. Play til it's over and get over it. 20 points vs 40 points shouldn't be a thing.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Hasn't this dunking at the end of a blowout out thing cause a few problems in the last several years between these two teams as well?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
But McCormick didn't stomp on a player.
We discussed this earlier. I have seen no video evidence that it really happened. You cant tell if he is stepping on someone or trying not to step on someone. Every incident I have ever seen of a player stomping on someone has that player standing still, lifting his foot up and stomping down. McCormack is clearly moving forward and seems to be stepping over and through chairs and people and limbs to stand over the guy and yell at him.

As I stated earlier, if McCormack really did stomp on that guy then that guy will no doubt let it be known and it will be made public. We'll know soon enough. I won't say whether he did or didnt, just that I have not seen it for sure.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
We discussed this earlier. I have seen no video evidence that it really happened. You cant tell if he is stepping on someone or trying not to step on someone. Every incident I have ever seen of a player stomping on someone has that player standing still, lifting his foot up and stomping down. McCormack is clearly moving forward and seems to be stepping over and through chairs and people and limbs to stand over the guy and yell at him.

As I stated earlier, if McCormack really did stomp on that guy then that guy will no doubt let it be known and it will be made public. We'll know soon enough. I won't say whether he did or didnt, just that I have not seen it for sure.

I'm going for Happy Gilmore clip #2 on this thread in reference to the above:

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006

I agree. Even de Sousa is being unfairly criticized. I saw no video evidence that he was going to use the chair as a weapon. You can't tell if he was trying to use it as a weapon or stop someone else from using that chair as a weapon. Every incident I have ever seen of a player using a chair as a weapon has that player picking the chair up and swinging it at someone. Clearly de Sousa did not swing the chair at someone. He just seems to be moving it out of the way.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I agree that there is a KSU person on the ground. And I would assume that people would look at him. The rest is all assumption on each of our part. I see McCormack purposefully putting his feet in locations. My assumption is because he didn't want to step on anything while he was yelling at the KSU guy; your assumption is that he is stomping on someone. Neither assumption is definitive.

I am sure we'll hear from all parties over the next 24 hours and we won't have to assume much longer. If a KSU player was stomped on by a KU player that there will be a statement from KSU mentioning it. If they come out and say that it happened then your assumption is correct, if they don't then mine is.
"Putting his feet in locations".

"Putting". "His feet". "In locations".

Have I ever read anything dumber than that? I really don't think so. Holy ****.

RealtreeByGod

Feb 25, 2014
no different than the walk-on for WV scoring and then them carrying him off on their shoulders. Play til it's over and get over it. 20 points vs 40 points shouldn't be a thing.
TBF, there was like a 20 second difference between the shot clock and game clock on that play, then Texas went down with the shot clock off and hit a 3 with like 8 seconds left. But no one then tried punk each other, or throw punches and chairs at people.

The real answer might be that this is much less likely to happen to teams who have coaches who actually practice personnel and institutional control.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
I agree. Even de Sousa is being unfairly criticized. I saw no video evidence that he was going to use the chair as a weapon. You can't tell if he was trying to use it as a weapon or stop someone else from using that chair as a weapon. Every incident I have ever seen of a player using a chair as a weapon has that player picking the chair up and swinging it at someone. Clearly de Sousa did not swing the chair at someone. He just seems to be moving it out of the way.

He didn't swing it because it was taken away from him

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
How about when a few ISU fans sent death threats and racial slurs?

Yeah, I know "it was only a few fans".
Yeah, 2 fans did something awful and it disgusted us, but many Kansas fans like to use that to paint our entire fanbase for something we're not; its quite ridiculous. It would be like painting the entire Kansas fanbase like the Phelps family since some of them root for Kansas.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Buddy, I work in sports licensing and am on the field of a stadium every week. Trust me here I know more about these people than you do. Kiffin is definitely a slime ball, but my point is ALL COLLEGE COACHES have a level of slime to them, I just appreciate Kiffin because he doesn't hide it like 95% of the coaches do, to appeal to the ignorent or easily manipulated people (like you.) Sorry if that comes off as an insult.

I have personally witnessed Bruce Weber eat his steak well done. That is the biggest tragedy here.

Finally getting somewhere with all the info you have on coaches.

• Disagree
Reactions: mynameisjonas