KU vs KSU Brawl

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
So no issue with Elijah Johnson dunking at the end of the game in Hilton seven years ago?
The dunk was fine. Could have done without the taunting at the end. Didn’t make me feel bad when him and his teammates were getting pelted with those sound cones on the way to the locker room.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Smart move by the injured KSU player to get involved because a suspension doesn't affect him if is sitting out anyway...

I wouldnt' be surprised if the KState guy in street clothes enters the transfer portal after the season.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If an opponent of ours decided to be a *****, steal the ball and dunk when they were getting whooped by us I'd hope one of our guys would block him into the shadow realm too. Just hopefully without the punching and stuff afterwards.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: flycy and VeloClone

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
How it should have ended is that both teams should have their walk-ons in playing the game out. Let those guys putting in the practice time have some court time. Who cares about the score at that point.
All of KU's walk ons were in the game. We just dont have 5 of them so DeSousa, who only plays a few minutes a game, was also in.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Would you have survived if they just let the kid make the layup at the end of the game? Would KU's ego be satisfied with only a 19 point win? There are no good guys in this situation. Both the steal and the block were dbag moves. The thing is, I get why the team losing might do that, for the life of me, I can't understand why KU would have cared about the 2 points at the end. You had the game won, shake hands and let K State be petty. Then guys like McCormack and Garrett doubled down and got involved, really surprised with Garrett, seems like a mature kid with a good head on his shoulders. He eventually realized what he was doing was dumb and backed off a little but had he not initially attempted to stomp the kid in street clothes, McCormack wouldn't have run to help him. He was shoving guys until the very end, he is complicit, he only escalated the situation.
Garrett and McCormack got involved only because their teammate was being pushed and shoved by multiple members of the KSU team who had left the bench to do so. There is a zero percent chance that they leave the bench and run the length of the court without that happening.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Yet you likely loved Niang blowing a kiss to taunt the Iowa student section.

See the pattern?

you make zero sense.

here’s an example with iowa : bohannon was a jackass and mouthed off before the game and left his shoes on the court at Hilton. It was a **** move that I didn’t like. But Iowa state players did not beat him over it.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
you make zero sense.

here’s an example with iowa : bohannon was a jackass and mouthed off before the game and left his shoes on the court at Hilton. It was a **** move that I didn’t like. But Iowa state players did not beat him over it.
Good grief. I doubt any ISU players were even aware that this happened until the next day. Come on.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Good grief. I doubt any ISU players were even aware that this happened until the next day. Come on.

good grief, they were aware. Iowa left the building before the Iowa state players left.

the bottom line is a douche move in the game does not justify a ******* brawl. If that was the case, then we should have started a brawl when ku dunked on us late in the 6 foul on withy game.

Kansas is not the only one at fault but you trying to justify it is beyond stupid.