KU vs KSU Brawl

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I'll leave it to your fellow ISU fans to explain to you the poor decisions made by some ISU fans after that dunk by Johnson.

I'd argue that the first poor decision made in that situation was the dunk by Johnson. You're the one referring to d--k moves, if that wasn't one then there never has been one.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Only a KU fan could somehow victimize themselves in this. McCormick was 30 feet into the crowd swinging his fists. De Sousa wielded a chair. Get out of here with this ****.

The "but he started it" non-sense doesn't work with my 6 year old, why should it work for college kids? I don't care who started it.
I am in no way attempting to portray Kansas as any sort of victim here. That's just how you read it.

I am simply just not ignoring the part that Kansas State played in the event.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Well, yeah, but then there's the whole Adidas thing.........
Screen-Shot-2019-09-27-at-6.33.19-PM-832x447.png

This was what he wore to their midnight madness thing, whatever they call it. So classy! I think Snoop Dogg was there, too. What a fine representation for the program.
This was absolutely not what he wore to that event. That's a TV ad. What are you even talking about and what does it have to do with anything being discussed here?

Reactions: Blackhawk6515

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Name them. Let's hear it.

I have seen ticket prices to KU at ISU games when ISU fans think they have a shot at beating Kansas. It is almost always the most expensive and desirable ticket of the season. Go tally up the number of times there has been a hosted event such as ESPN Game Day involving Big 12 teams. I'd bet the majority of those have been KU road games.

The statement about beating KU as a huge resume builder is 100% fact. Having a win vs a Top 4 seed in the tourney is the best possible win you can have and a win at AFH is even more rare and precious. Kansas has been a Top 4 seed in each of the last 19 seasons. Again, simple verifiable facts. Nothing wrong here.

And numerous coaches have bonuses written into their contract for either beating Kansas head to head (Bob Huggins gets $25,000 for beating KU) or for winning the Big 12 ahead of Kansas. I'd argue that Shaka Smart is largely the coach at Texas because he beat Kansas in the 2011 Elite Eight.

I have now provided verifiable examples of each of my statements. Now it's your turn to provide verifiable examples of "like a dozen different things wrong" with my statement. I wont hold my breath..

tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
This was absolutely not what he wore to that event. That's a TV ad. What are you even talking about and what does it have to do with anything being discussed here?

From an article by Jason Owens on Yahoo! Sports:
And just as unfair is that it will leave a lasting impression that stands alongside and may even eclipse Self’s and KU’s obtuse decision to promote Late Night in the Phog with the head coach wearing a massive chain and an Adidas T-shirt in the midst of the Adidas pay-for-play scandal while he works on a $52 million contract.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I am in no way attempting to portray Kansas as any sort of victim here. That's just how you read it.

New rule-- every time you post something dumb we respond with this picture of De Sousa trying to Mick Foley someone with the terrified spectators in the background. Gotta love the new face of KU basketball. Well, that and the blatantly cheating and NCAA investigation thing.

c4d038a3-67cb-47ad-adc2-96b918636996-GTY_1201066938.JPG

Poor Kansas.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Man this is funny and invalidates anything you've posted on this thread, and perhaps anything you've ever posted ever, because it's a complete lie all the way through.
If something exists out there that shows otherwise, I would like to see it. By all means, please share it if you have it. Not sure how you could state that what I have or have not seen is a complete lie or not but you're worked up, I get it.

As I stated, I simply have not seen anything that explicitly shows McCormack stomping on some person on the ground. And I've seen more than a few different videos and angles of the incident now, although my twitter app isn't launching this morning. Maybe the fight broke twitter, I don't know.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If something exists out there that shows otherwise, I would like to see it. By all means, please share it if you have it. Not sure how you could state that what I have or have not seen is a complete lie or not but you're worked up, I get it.

As I stated, I simply have not seen anything that explicitly shows McCormack stomping on some person on the ground. And I've seen more than a few different videos and angles of the incident now, although my twitter app isn't launching this morning. Maybe the fight broke twitter, I don't know.

Check from about :26-:30 on this clip. I don't know how you describe that other than a stomp.

Maybe one of the nearly trampled spectators will have footage from the ground where we can get a definitive look.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006

You are putting the blame squarely on Kstate, I can go back and quote that multiple times. Both teams are at fault here.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
From an article by Jason Owens on Yahoo! Sports:
And just as unfair is that it will leave a lasting impression that stands alongside and may even eclipse Self’s and KU’s obtuse decision to promote Late Night in the Phog with the head coach wearing a massive chain and an Adidas T-shirt in the midst of the Adidas pay-for-play scandal while he works on a $52 million contract.
REad further, you can do it.

"In the lead-up to the event, Self was featured in a hype video wearing an Adidas shirt and a chain necklace with a dollar sign hanging on it."

When the writer claimed that he was wearing that stuff during the event then he was mistaken. He didn't.

Can we get back on topic, please. This has nothing to do with the conversation.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I'll leave it to your fellow ISU fans to explain to you the poor decisions made by some ISU fans after that dunk by Johnson.

Well I seem to be a little fuzzy on the fan blocking Johnson's dunk...then standing over him......only to have that fan grab a chair to slam on Johnson while two other fans are stomping Johnsons chest. I missed that part.

• Funny
Reactions: ISUEmbassy

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
REad further, you can do it.

"In the lead-up to the event, Self was featured in a hype video wearing an Adidas shirt and a chain necklace with a dollar sign hanging on it."

When the writer claimed that he was wearing that stuff during the event then he was mistaken. He didn't.

Can we get back on topic, please. This has nothing to do with the conversation.

Ok, let me help get back on topic:

In addition to blatantly cheating, being caught in the middle of an FBI investigation, while also being investigated by the NCAA and openly mocking the organizations that are investigating them, Kansas also engaged in a brawl in the their own handicap seating section in which one Kansas player appears to attempt to stomp on someone while wildly swinging his fists, while another one wields a chair.

Ok, back on topic now.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Check from about :26-:30 on this clip. I don't know how you describe that other than a stomp.

Maybe one of the nearly trampled spectators will have footage from the ground where we can get a definitive look.

That doesn't show whether he was stomping on him or stepping over him. Based on the fact that the KSU guy got up and in no way grabbed any part of his body as if a 6'10" 250 pound humongous man had just stomped on him, I don't see anything there that supports your claim. But you'll see it how you want.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That doesn't show whether he was stomping on him or stepping over him. Based on the fact that the KSU guy got up and in no way grabbed any part of his body as if a 6'10" 250 pound humongous man had just stomped on him, I don't see anything there that supports your claim. But you'll see it how you want.

Look at everyone looking down. They are obviously all looking at someone on the ground. And that is in not stepping over someone. It's targeted.

Do you really expect a video of his foot in a guy's chest or something in the middle of that melee?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You are putting the blame squarely on Kstate, I can go back and quote that multiple times. Both teams are at fault here.
I agree that both teams are at fault. It's done, KU will punish their players (will KSU?) and the Big 12 will follow.

Looking forward to heading down to Lawrence for Saturday's game vs. Tennessee.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Both teams acted dumb causing the incident to happen. K-State's (always injured) James Love and for sure Ku's Silvio DeSousa and maybe others are in deep doo, methinks. Two pretty much non-contributors by the way, particularly Love.

That wasn't playing tough, boys, it was just juvenile behavior coming off your benches.

Bill Self answered all the questions correctly in his presser. Weber, I didn't hear but he evidently said it was his fault. Whatever, this wasn't rivalry it was thuggery and an embarrassment even for two schools who pretty much hate one another.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Both teams acted dumb causing the incident to happen. K-State's (always injured) James Love and for sure Ku's Silvio DeSousa and maybe others are in deep doo, methinks. Two pretty much non-contributors by the way, particularly Love.

That wasn't playing tough, boys, it was just juvenile behavior coming off your benches.

Bill Self answered all the questions correctly in his presser. Weber, I didn't hear but he evidently said it was his fault. Whatever, this wasn't rivalry it was thuggery and an embarrassment.

"Thuggery". That's for sure surly. My wife shook her head last night and said.....and we get upset when they call us thugs. Exhibit A is this game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron