On That Note: Who's on the Guest List?

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
this one is for grunge fans. I’ll only post one clip, but Mike Watt was known for playing bass with a few bands. At one point he put together a “solo” album with guest appearance from the likes of
I probably edited out a bunch of other well known artists.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I would wager that Jerry Garcia's best-known guitar solo was not on any of his solo or Grateful Dead records but rather on this on where he plays the steel:

And I don't think Garcia's soloing was ever better than on this song from Paul Kantner's Blows Against the Empire.

Last edited:

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Chance the Rapper worked with Ben Gibbard from Death Cab for cutie.

michael stipe stood in on vocals with the Golden Palominos back in the 80s

• Winner
Reactions: Angie and Cydar

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
I literally didn’t know this existed until this afternoon.
Well, Sparklehorse has Thom Yorke help out, or is it the other way around? I’ve found it both ways.

Reactions: Angie and Cydar

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
From Wikipedia:

'Til Tuesday frontwoman Aimee Mann briefly sings in each chorus of the song, marking Rush's first collaboration with another vocalist, with Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson adding that the band thought a female singer "would suit the song". Initially, the band had hoped to recruit Cyndi Lauper to sing the part, then later approached the Pretenders' Chrissie Hynde because, according to Lifeson, "we thought she'd be perfect. But Chrissie was unavailable at the time..." Rush later recruited Mann and paid her $2,000 to sing on the track, with Lifeson saying that "her voice blends with Geddy [Lee]'s perfectly and I think it creates the right atmosphere for the song. It's just something new for Rush..."

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Phil Collins was the drummer on the studio recording. This is my favorite song from Robert Plant's solo work.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
This isn't the song I was looking for but while I look, here's B.B. King with guest Mick Jagger:

Black Crowes with guest Jimmy Page:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron