KU vs KSU Brawl

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
As I see more angles, DeSousa looked like he thought better of slamming the chair down before Howard grabbed it from him so he doesn’t get a season suspension in my book.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Even with how ridiculous the KU fans have been, Self and Long have been absolutely the opposite. They have certainly gained respect in my book for what they've said publicly tonight.

Of course, we'll see tomorrow if their actions match those strong words.

Let's not act like Self is doing the right thing for the right reasons here. He's got to act like he gives a **** and hope that the Big 12 doesn't suspend his guys. He is playing a game and it is annoying that even Iowa State fans are falling for it.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Say what you want about Bill and I’m sure I’ll get killed for this, but I’ve never seen him as a sleezy coach in the same vein as the other coaches wrapped up in some of these other scandals. I see him as a stand up dude with stuff like this.

They are all sleezy it just to the degree that they are. To say that KU is not paying players and have not been doing it for some time is crazy. Self realizes he has a good thing going, making millions and he is insulated from the payments. But he has to know its going on.

All these coaches are type A personalities, they are control freaks, and they know everything about a player, and if they do not, its because they do not want to know. So when a school like Louisville is having hookers show up and screw in coming recruits, and then say, "it was a rouge assistant, and I knew nothing about it" they are only doing so to protect their own behind.

Remember it is KU and not Louisville that is the jewel in the adidas crown. Too much smoke out there for it not to be true.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Let's not act like Self is doing the right thing for the right reasons here. He's got to act like he gives a **** and hope that the Big 12 doesn't suspend his guys. He is playing a game and it is annoying that even Iowa State fans are falling for it.
That's silly. Self isnt dumb, he knows there is nothing he can say that will affect the decision made by the Big 12. There is a 0% chance that DeSousa doesnt get suspended.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
As I see more angles, DeSousa looked like he thought better of slamming the chair down before Howard grabbed it from him so he doesn’t get a season suspension in my book.
That is how it looked to me as well but if he still ended up getting a full season suspension for even brandishing it then I would understand and not argue it. You just cannot do that no matter what happened prior.

jahoney

Sep 7, 2012
Both benches got ejected with 1 second left. The only players not ejected were the players still on the court at the beginnings of the brawl. Anyone come up with some good names for this fight yet?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Again, we'll see if the actions back up the words being said tonight. From the AD's statement, Id expect nothing less than a season suspension for DeSousa and a heavy penalty for McCormack regardless of what the conference hands down.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Both benches got ejected with 1 second left. The only players not ejected were the players still on the court at the beginnings of the brawl. Anyone come up with some good names for this fight yet?

Brawl of the ******* Fans.

(I really hate Kansas and Kansas State fans)

Reactions: jcyclonee

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
They are all sleezy it just to the degree that they are. To say that KU is not paying players and have not been doing it for some time is crazy. Self realizes he has a good thing going, making millions and he is insulated from the payments. But he has to know its going on.

All these coaches are type A personalities, they are control freaks, and they know everything about a player, and if they do not, its because they do not want to know. So when a school like Louisville is having hookers show up and screw in coming recruits, and then say, "it was a rouge assistant, and I knew nothing about it" they are only doing so to protect their own behind.

And that’s where I’m coming from. To coach at a place like KU, some of that is pretty much a necessity to stay on top. I don’t see that as a huge knock. I just don’t see him as a hookers and blow type of guy. He seems to handle **** like this well. He seems honest and genuine when stuff like this happens. I don’t see him as a sleezeball.

• Agree
Reactions: UnCytely

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You've said a lot of bat **** crazy stuff about KU over the years but this is your craziest post by a mile.

I know you're a somewhat intelligent person, believe me you are completely insane on this one.
If the Kansas State player does not leave the bench and assault DeSousa then DeSousa at worst gets a technical for taunting and then the game ends with a free throw by KSU. Whoopee.

I have seen players taunt another player dozens of times just this yea by standing over them or woofing at them. This is the first time I have seen an opposing team respond to it by leaving the bench and assaulting that player for the taunting.

So instead of a free throw at the end of a boring game, we have this mess.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
If the Kansas State player does not leave the bench and assault DeSousa then DeSousa at worst gets a technical for taunting and then the game ends with a free throw by KSU. Whoopee.

I have seen players taunt another player dozens of times just this yea by standing over them or woofing at them. This is the first time I have seen an opposing team respond to it by leaving the bench and assaulting that player for the taunting.

KSU players came and pushed him away. KU players were the first to throw punches and the first to pick up chairs

• Agree
Reactions: intrepid27

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So what's Weber doing? Look, both teams have fault here. At least Self isn't being a dumbass. Waiting for @surly to spin my eternal love for Self.

Weber is a dip **** too. I'm just saying that Self isn't saying ANY of this because he gives a **** about what his players did. The first step in ensuring that the suspensions are minimal is Self acting like he cares.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I mean, you can't seriously be blaming this on Kansas State.

Remember the game when the Iowa State fan tried to give Self a piece of his mind? That was right after a Kansas player did a **** you dunk at Hilton.

• Winner
Reactions: CyclonesRock

Help Support Us

Become a patron