***Official Solomon Young Appreciation Thread***

True Facts About Solomon Young (multiple choice)

• Total voters

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
-What scientists have identified as the Coronavirus, Solomon Young refers to as a slight cold.
-When life gives Solomon Young lemons, he makes whatever kind of drink he well pleases.
-Solomon Young has a scooter that people believe to be an electric scooter. However, it is just a regular scooter he pushed off once. Three years ago.
-Nobody knows this, but Meghan Markle left England just so that she could be closer to Solomon Young.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
-What scientists have identified as the Coronavirus, Solomon Young refers to as a slight cold.
-When life gives Solomon Young lemons, he makes whatever kind of drink he well pleases.
-Solomon Young has a scooter that people believe to be an electric scooter. However, it is just a regular scooter he pushed off once. Three years ago.
-Nobody knows this, but Meghan Markle left England just so that she could be closer to Solomon Young.

Wait, I thought coronavirus was when you had too many Mexican beers...

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee and GTO

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Great game by the young man. Hopefully more to come.

I know some have speculated he might graduate transfer for his senior year, but I would really hate that if he did. He's a great Cyclone in his own right.

There will be plenty of minutes for him even with Conditt and Foster around, and as tonight showed, sometimes you need yourself that bruiser.

It would be great if they could get a game in California for him next year so his family could make the drive to see him play during his senior year.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Really happy for him, loved running into his family at the Oregon State game

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He was so ******* good tonight. Eric or John was right when they said it was the best individual performance by an Iowa State player this year. He would pass the ball outside when he didn't have a good shot. He rebounded like a mad man. He took great shots. He hit 15 of 17 free throws even though he had to be exhausted after playing HARD for 30 minutes.

And he smiled.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Great game by the young man. Hopefully more to come.

I know some have speculated he might graduate transfer for his senior year, but I would really hate that if he did. He's a great Cyclone in his own right.

There will be plenty of minutes for him even with Conditt and Foster around, and as tonight showed, sometimes you need yourself that bruiser.

It would be great if they could get a game in California for him next year so his family could make the drive to see him play during his senior year.

I think it is easy to forget that he basically didn't play for 2 years. It takes a while to get back into the basketball groove especially with a team that is struggling.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I looked at his game log for thne year and he always scored in double figures when given at least 20 minutes of play. However, he has only played over 20 minutes in half of the games, and when he does play 20, he barely gets 20. Maybe he needs more minutes.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think it is easy to forget that he basically didn't play for 2 years. It takes a while to get back into the basketball groove especially with a team that is struggling.

Just because you’re playing after an injury doesn’t mean you’re full strength. I tend to forget that.

Reactions: isutrevman

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
This is how Solo started the year and I’m glad he got back to this level of play. He dropped off for awhile and couldn’t figure out why.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I looked at his game log for thne year and he always scored in double figures when given at least 20 minutes of play. However, he has only played over 20 minutes in half of the games, and when he does play 20, he barely gets 20. Maybe he needs more minutes.
I’ve always held he could be a great player for us. The issue I think is he hasn’t developed the mentality to go out and get his. He always competes hard and is great for the team but he hasn’t utilized his skill set. It’s been a failure of the staff to not make him go out there and dominate like he can.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

So he'll probably get about 11 minutes Saturday.

• Funny

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
In honor of Young's performance tonight, I'm posting a few new Young-isms.

-Solomon Young CAN believe it's not butter.
-One time Solomon Young tripped and fell in the Marianas trench. The ocean water rose up to his waist.
-There is no known anti-venom for a bite from Solomon Young.
-After games, Solomon sometimes retires to his fortress of Solotude.
-Scientists have determined that "Krakatoa" translates to "Solomon was here".

Edit: damn it! @coolerifyoudid already did the "I can't believe it's not butter" one.

Last edited:

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
I’m guessing you were also on the “Lewis just needs more minutes” crowd too

• Dumb