B12 bball "season thread"

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Looks like KU has had enough of bush league losers stealing the ball with 5 seconds left in a blowout. DeSousa let him know that isnt allowed and the KState bench bum rushed him.

Take your L and get on the bus and go home you losers.
What BS. You have the game won, he steals the ball. How about just laugh as he goes the other way for a layup?
But, no, anger takes over, and thug DeSousa sprints down to block the shot and then stands over him and screams at him.
You should be ashamed of him.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson and Doc

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Someone pulled it out of his hands from behind and it was the luckiest thing that has happened to him ever. Because he was swinging.

Probably pretty lucky for the person he was gonna hit with it.

That's attempted assault, by the way.

Reactions: Macloney

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
What BS. You have the game won, he steals the ball. How about just laugh as he goes the other way for a layup?
But, no, anger takes over, and thug DeSousa sprints down to block the shot and then stands over him and screams at him.
If this happens in the middle of the game, the entire KSU bench gets ejected for leaving the bench, DeSousa gets a tech and play moves on.

And yes, I am ashamed of DeSousa for not handling being attacked by the entire opposing team's bench very well. He crossed the line and will now have to deal with the consequences of that. Whatever suspension he receives is appropriate.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
How about just ty ake your loss? Instead anger takes over, you steal the ball and try to flush a dunk and then your entire team rushes on the floor and starts pushing and shoving DeSousa for what? A clean block and a stand over?!?

Like I said, DeSousa deserves whatever suspension he gets for losing his mind but that was some classless, busg league BS from KSU. Even their coach blames his own players for the altercation in his post game interview.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If this happens in the middle of the game, the entire KSU bench gets ejected for leaving the bench, DeSousa gets a tech and play moves on.

And yes, I am ashamed of DeSousa for not handling being attacked by the entire opposing team's bench very well. He crossed the line and will now have to deal with the consequences of that. Whatever suspension he receives is appropriate.

You lose credibility here with the victimhood.

Reactions: Macloney

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Yikes, dude.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
How about just ty ake your loss? Instead anger takes over, you steal the ball and try to flush a dunk and then your entire team rushes on the floor and starts pushing and shoving DeSousa for what? A clean block and a stand over?!?

Like I said, DeSousa deserves whatever suspension he gets for losing his mind but that was some classless, busg league BS from KSU. Even their coach blames his own players for the altercation in his post game interview.
He's going to get the rest of the season off. The chair deal clinched it.
Vitale chimes in: "DeSousa should never ever put on a college uniform again. That was almost criminal."

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You lose credibility here with the victimhood.
Statement of events in the order they happened. As ISU fans, you just seem to have no problem with anything that KSU did.

Have you noticed that there has not been ONE comment on here about any action taken by KSU, including the player that threw the initial punches?

Yeah, it's ME that loses credibility. Have a good night.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Statement of events in the order they happened. As ISU fans, you just seem to have no problem with anything that KSU did.

Have you noticed that there has not been ONE comment on here about any action taken by KSU, including the player that threw the initial punches?

Why stop at good night? You could leave for much longer if you want, nobody here would mind.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Did any KSU fans come on here and make their players the victim?

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney and JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

You thought you had credibility?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I’m begging you, man, sit this one out.

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney and Doc

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Oh let's check in with the coaches shall we?

RealtreeByGod

Feb 25, 2014
De Sousa absolutely picked that fight, it never starts to begin with if he doesn't wack a guy out of the air and stand over and long **** him, but K-State definitely should get guys suspended as hard as De Sousa. Antonio Gordon should be done for the year and whoever was in streets should be barred from the sidelines for the rest of this year and get alot of games out if he's an injured or redshirted player, it doesn't start to completely get out hand if those two don't come flying off the bench immediately. Marcus Garrett and David McCormmick should get alot of games, probably at least until the Big XII tournament. Those 2 came from 100 feet away, not to break anything, but to gleefully participate in fight. Azibuke should get a commendation, because he's the only Kansas player that actively attempted to break something up.
I don't think Huggins will complain about the refs tonight.
I mean, we force-fed the post and took like 45 shots right at the rim, most forwards don't know how to guard down there without fouling. I sat directly under the basket about 10 linear feet from the action on the court and literally every play Texas' bigs were were grabbing waists and jerseys to impede cutters, using their hands to push players out of their spots on the block, reaching over and around to try to deflect entry passes, walking under them when shooting hook shots. Culver and Tshiebwe drawing fouls and shooting a million FTAs a game is the appropriate way to officiate them.

Though what I do disagree with, and both players drew fouls doing it, is calling a blocking foul when the offensive player hopsteps into the defender who's moving his feet when trying to guard. By letter of the rule it is a foul, but I think it puts the defender at way too much of a disadvantage. How is he supposed to prevent a foul being drawn in that situation aside from just getting out of the way and allowing an easy bucket? The same thing gets called with guards lowering their heads and sticking their arms into a defender when trying to drive.