Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think my track record on here would indicate I am more reasonable than most towards Iowa.

But having 5,000 empty seats for a Top 25 matchup is really an embarrassing display, especially for a team that is as enjoyable as this Iowa team. If you can't rally fan support for a Top 25 team full of kids that play hard and are fun to watch, one of watch is a NPOY candidate, that's a bit of an indictment on your fan base.

They'll be way more than 5k empty seats

• Agree
Reactions: Rural

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I think my track record on here would indicate I am more reasonable than most towards Iowa.

But having 5,000 empty seats for a Top 25 matchup is really an embarrassing display, especially for a team that is as enjoyable as this Iowa team. If you can't rally fan support for a Top 25 team full of kids that play hard and are fun to watch, one of watch is a NPOY candidate, that's a bit of an indictment on your fan base.

I agree with you, there should be more people showing up.

Its not going to make the game any less enjoyable though. I want to keep winning. I would rather win in front of 9000 people than lose in front of 14,000.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Why do you care so much? You, yourself said you were surprised.
You can find something surprising and still not care. I'm just surprised that there are ISU fans that actually care about Iowa's attendance. They've always had **** attendance so it's not like it's anything new.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You can find something surprising and still not care. I'm just surprised that there are ISU fans that actually care about Iowa's attendance. They've always had **** attendance so it's not like it's anything new.
If the people that get paid to cover Iowa are suprised by it, safe to say it can be suprising to others as well.
Apparently Emmert and Hlas are just trolls I guess.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
If the people that get paid to cover Iowa are suprised by it, safe to say it can be suprising to others as well.
Apparently Emmert and Hlas are just trolls I guess.

It's no surprise whatsoever that the place will be half full.

I don't get the push back.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's no surprise whatsoever that the place will be half full.

I don't get the push back.
I'm suprised. The weather will be better than last Friday and it could be just as important as that game when it comes to the standings.
I mean, I gave Iowa credit for that, and multiple Iowa fans agreed with it:
It was a good game. Friday night with **** weather, they drew a good crowd too.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I'm suprised. The weather will be better than last Friday and it could be just as important as that game when it comes to the standings.
I mean, I gave Iowa credit for that, and multiple Iowa fans agreed with it:

I think standings and whatnot have zero to do with it, it's not worth the time and effort to attend.

• Creative
Reactions: breck53