***2020 Concert Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Iron and Wine w/ Calexico, Des Moines. Feb 13

Tig Notaro (not a concert, but still), Des Moines. May 2

Hinterland the first weekend of August - don't know who's on the bill yet but last year I think they announced the lineup in February. I'll probably be there.

Still waiting for summer tour announcements. I'd love to get back out to Red Rocks some time.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Dwight Yoakam at Stephens in Ames this Saturday. I'll be there.
I think it was Dwight Yoakam who opened for Eric Church 5 or 6 years ago at Wells Fargo. I honestly had never really listened to him but I remember 3 women I would describe as "sneakily attractive younger grandmothers" dancing behind me in the upper deck to him. From now on I can respect Dwight Yoakam.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Of Montreal, Gothic Theater, Engelwood, Colorado. March 29th

The horns man...the horns

thanks for posting. I feel like Of Montreal has been around for 15 years, but are just starting to get more play. that is probably just me.

BTW, i'm hoping to go see the Drive By Truckers at the Gothic this weekend

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Iron and Wine w/ Calexico, Des Moines. Feb 13

Tig Notaro (not a concert, but still), Des Moines. May 2

Hinterland the first weekend of August - don't know who's on the bill yet but last year I think they announced the lineup in February. I'll probably be there.

Still waiting for summer tour announcements. I'd love to get back out to Red Rocks some time.

Also doing Iron & Wine w/Calexico, and probably Hinterland.

I'm also trying to find someone to go to Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears w/me at Wooly's on a Wednesday in March (LINK). They weren't fantastic live when we saw them there a few years ago (I think the mix was just really terrible and they didn't swear), but I really love their music, so I'm hoping the next one would be better.

Reactions: jbindm

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Also doing Iron & Wine w/Calexico, and probably Hinterland.

I'm also trying to find someone to go to Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears w/me at Wooly's on a Wednesday in March (LINK). They weren't fantastic live when we saw them there a few years ago (I think the mix was just really terrible and they didn't swear), but I really love their music, so I'm hoping the next one would be better.
If I was closer I would go with you!

• Friendly

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
Crash Test Dummies -April 17th -KC
Green Day/Fallout Boy/Weezer -Aug 11th -Minneapolis

Going to 35th anniversary showing of Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure and discussion afterwards in a concert hall (by Pee-Wee) in SFO Feb 28th -does that count as a concert? :)

• Friendly

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
In my older age, I don't really get to as many shows or just don't enjoy them like I used to but I jumped right on tickets to this show. Denver or OKC for Pearl Jam this summer could lure me out of hiding as well.

My wife sent me the Pearl Jam tour dates yesterday. She's looking at St. Louis pretty hard. I know what your saying about old age and going to concerts. I'm pretty picky anymore, sticking close to home and at smaller venues.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
In my older age, I don't really get to as many shows or just don't enjoy them like I used to but I jumped right on tickets to this show. Denver or OKC for Pearl Jam this summer could lure me out of hiding as well.

Having kids makes it tougher to get out, too. And if an act isn't playing in Des Moines it's damn near impossible to make it work. The silver lining is that I tend to enjoy the shows I do get to a little more because they're such rare occasions for my wife and me now.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone and Angie

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
My wife sent me the Pearl Jam tour dates yesterday. She's looking at St. Louis pretty hard. I know what your saying about old age and going to concerts. I'm pretty picky anymore, sticking close to home and at smaller venues.

It's such an old balls thing to say, but available seating is a must for me now too. Standing room only and general admission are ********.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: heitclone and Angie