Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
There were a lot of people that could see things were on shaky ground with Prohm well before this year. Some others it just didn’t hit them till just 3 weeks ago and were in denial.

This statement contradicts itself.

I do not know how you deny something when it had not yet "hit" you.

Don't flatter yourself too hard.

This season has gone poorly and the future of the program is very cloudy right now. That being said, the information we had about Prohm prior to this season was very different than it is now after FAMU and regular beatings at home/in the Big 12.

Predicting a crash over and over again until it happens is not a good track record.

I stand by everything that I said about Prohm prior to this year. I was working with the data we had available. This year is turning out very rotten, however.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and CyTwins

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Probably a new coach
Barring that :) what would you like to see for the remained of the season?

Here's a crazy thought.....since you guys have serviceable bodies. Why not go all WVU style? Muck things up....press and not care about fouls. They have some athletic guys on the bench....only guy who really has to play extended minutes is Haliburton.

Young guys like Grill, Jackson, Griffin might be able to contribute.....T Lewis as well...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Here's a crazy thought.....since you guys have serviceable bodies. Why not go all WVU style? Muck things up....press and not care about fouls. They have some athletic guys on the bench....only guy who really has to play extended minutes is Haliburton.

Young guys like Grill, Jackson, Griffin might be able to contribute.....T Lewis as well...

I don't think trying to play WVU style with a team that plays pretty soft is a smart idea

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Every time I watch it seems Terrence Lewis does some good things. Not sure what the problem is with him and why he doesn't get more playing time. He seems like he has a lot of upside and should be getting more minutes if not starting over Nixon.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This statement contradicts itself.

I do not know how you deny something when it had not yet "hit" you.

Don't flatter yourself too hard.

This season has gone poorly and the future of the program is very cloudy right now. That being said, the information we had about Prohm prior to this season was very different than it is now after FAMU and regular beatings at home/in the Big 12.

Predicting a crash over and over again until it happens is not a good track record.

I stand by everything that I said about Prohm prior to this year. I was working with the data we had available. This year is turning out very rotten, however.
The Rhoads and Prohm crashes were easy to predict, and many on here saw it coming. I haven't called for any other crashes to happen.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yikes, over 2 years ago? Look at my posts about him from 2018 on. Not too positive.

You had him as second place for Big 12 coach of the year Feb 2019

Definitely Scott Drew so far. Prohm probably 2nd right now though.

Feb 18, 2019

That’s fair enough, but I’m glad Hoiberg revived our program and left us in a good place. Prohm took that success and kept it going, even possibly taking it a step further this year. I’m happy the way it’s played out.

• Funny
Reactions: HawkJRP

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I'm a big fan of watching this Iowa team and I don't care who knows it. Garza is a lot of fun to watch and I love how he's built his game over the course of his college career. I could do without Connor and Fran, but I really like how the rest of the team plays together.