Votes: 39 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Might as well flip a coin. If we play like we did against Oklahoma, we should win by double digits. But if we play like the FAMU game... lose by 30?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
OSU has actually played worse than us so far. Lose this one and Pollard better be making some calls to raise buyout money.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I've made money on the KU and Baylor games but not against OU. That being said, I would not touch this game.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
This is the closest poll we’ve had so far, still sitting at -5 this morning.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I think OSU has worse coaching than us. I'm actually taking ISU at -5.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
OSU finds ways to hang with teams at time. To me it comes down to ISU making 3's, or realizing that the 3's aren't falling and moving the ball until they get an inside shot. We will see if our gameplan will change this game, which it doesn't seem as if it has all year so I am not holding my breath.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
OSU finds ways to hang with teams at time. To me it comes down to ISU making 3's, or realizing that the 3's aren't falling and moving the ball until they get an inside shot. We will see if our gameplan will change this game, which it doesn't seem as if it has all year so I am not holding my breath.

This is the frustrating part, seems like we have the mentality of "if the 3's aren't falling just keep chucking them up because eventually they have to start falling right?" The strength of this team should be establishing an inside game and moving the ball to open up some lanes to drive to the hoop. If we can force the defense to collapse some instead of daring us to take low percentage shots it might make the outside shooters more comfortable and shoot more 3's in rhythm possibly. Instead seems like we are intent to just chuck up 3's then trying to go inside after we've already dug a big hole.

Just feels like we keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with our offensive strategy. The fast pace and 3 point sprees are fun to watch but this team could still run a face pace offense without settling for long jumpers early in the shot clock. Almost would like to see them ugly things up a little when shots aren't falling and run a press on defense like WVU does. Try to create some offense with your defense once in awhile. I think we have enough athletes and depth to be more physical and aggressive on defense at times. Part of it may just be this group of players needs to accept the limitations they have and just focus more on the things they can do well and get better at that instead of hoping that the lid eventually comes off the basket and they start hitting outside shots consistently from game to game. There isn't 1 guy on this team hitting over 40% from 3 and only Haliburton and Lewis (only 19 attempts though) who is even hitting over 35% from there. The 2nd and 3rd most 3ptA in volume are from Nixon (.235) and Bolton (.301) If someone hasn't hit their stride from 3 by now it just isn't going to happen...