Ear wax

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
paper-clip-bookmark-60559481_973837_ED.jpg
That’s a terrible idea. Seems like you could rupture your eardrum. I’ve ruptured mine before and you don’t want any part of that.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
That’s a terrible idea. Seems like you could rupture your eardrum. I’ve ruptured mine before and you don’t want any part of that.
You're right, it's way too big. I prefer bobby pins. Like another user said, I'm not sticking the whole damn thing down there, just getting around the edges where people can see in my ears.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
If you are married, don’t do a damn thing about it and leave it in there. It’s Gods way of cutting you a small break.

My father in law used to clean his ears at work using industrial q-tips at work (don't ask). One day he was digging away, went to sit down, slipped, and jammed that thing into his ear a long way. I don't know why he was moving with a wooden spear in his ear. I also don't recall exactly what damage he did, but he messed himself up pretty good.

His wife is a chatterbox, and she has a comment or suggestion about everything. Talks constantly. Well, now he can't hear for diddly and the comments don't bother him anymore - he can't hear them.

We're out to dinner about a year later in a loud restaurant. He's sitting across from me and I'm having a conversation with him. His wife is to his left, which is his good ear. He heard every word I said crystal clear; every time his wife would jump in he would say "huh?" or just not respond at all.

I started paying attention and I've determined his hearing is fine now. He just doesn't want to talk to his wife.

That was at least 10 years ago. Still doesn't hear a word she says.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I always sleep on my left side, so my right ear has this prob. I agree with the others who recommend scheduled use of flush kits in the shower. Much better than paying $$$ to have a nurse do it; it's considered an office "surgery" (something I found out the hard way).
Q-tips are for cleaning the outside parts of your ear, and shouldn't be used IN the ear...you're just pushing stuff further up.

PS - it's tough to gross me out...I had sons. :D

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I saw someone at a pool a few years back eat their ear wax. It was kinda disgusting.... Yet, maybe less disgusting than booger eaters.