Nick Graham joins ISU staff

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He doesn't math so well. In his first tweet he said 2 years ago and mentioned the "mystery" player didn't make the NBA. Now he says he's talking about 8th and 9th graders he mentored. This guys is full of sh!t.
You dont know 8th graders failing drug tests and their junior high coaches making millions?

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I mean technically a 6'8/6'9 player was recruited over by a 6'11/7'0 player. So he was not recruited over by another 6'8/6'9 player get it right Nick.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I mean technically a 6'8/6'9 player was recruited over by a 6'11/7'0 player. So he was not recruited over by another 6'8/6'9 player get it right Nick.

And we don’t exactly have talent to spare. A focused Lard would have been welcome this year and maybe provided us a Big 12 regular season title last year.

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Lol what a tool. If you’re going to erroneously bash a coach for “not caring” about his players, you could at least have the balls to stand behind what you said, instead of trying to make it a social statement about MLK day.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt and JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Didn't Cam somewhat ask if he could rejoin the team and Prohm politely declined?
I think he also helped out at some players camps last summer in Ames after all this went down.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Didn't Cam somewhat ask if he could rejoin the team and Prohm politely declined?
I think he also helped out at some players camps last summer in Ames after all this went down.

When did that happen? I thought his transfer news came out pretty quickly after the season...and then it turned into 'going pro' news.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I'm not sure. But it didn't seem like he left on terrible terms.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Maybe I’m missing context but this doesn’t make any sense to be about Lard. The actual situation doesn’t reflect anywhere near what happened with Lard.
-2 years ago
-Guy kept screwing up (aka Lard showing up to practice late/high)
-Graham’s interpretation of whether the coaches cared about him is discretionary
-Guy is no longer with the program, never graduated, is trying to make the NBA. Also was labeled as 6’8/6’9.
Maybe Graham wasn’t talking about Lard..but most of the details match what happened.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
-2 years ago
-Graham’s interpretation of whether the coaches cared about him is discretionary
-Guy is no longer with the program, never graduated, is trying to make the NBA. Also was labeled as 6’8/6’9.
Maybe Graham wasn’t talking about Lard..but most of the details match what happened.
I guess I look at it that absolutely no one has said Prohm didn’t care about Lard. He’s been criticized for how he handled the situation but not for not caring.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I guess I look at it that absolutely no one has said Prohm didn’t care about Lard. He’s been criticized for how he handled the situation but not for not caring.

It was well documented that Prohm went above and beyond what most coaches would in order to help Cam. Just see how Prohm sent him to Chris Herren's facility to try to help him get clean. For this guy to say Prohm was just using Cam and didn't care about him is just a flat out lie. NG must have been high to think it was a good idea to post that tweet.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
-2 years ago
TBH Cam was lucky with the legality of the car being pulled over/what was in it too.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I was excited when Graham was a GA based on his interviews, and was actually disappointed he left the program. However, if he was undermining the staff like this with the players, good riddance. This video makes me think he was part of the reason Prohm couldn't get through to Lard. Can't have someone on the staff telling you that you need to look out for yourself because the coach doesn't care. Just another reason for Lard not to buy in.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

but graham is.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

This could have also just been motivational. Like "I know you don't care what those guys think, **** those guys anyway, do the work for your future"

• Creative
Reactions: IASTATE07

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I wonder if Graham was mixing parts of a few different situations to make a point. Most of the facts line up with Lard, except for the one about the coaches not caring. When I first heard it, I thought, surely he can't be talking about Lard because it seemed like Prohm was doing a ton to help him get his act together, so I gave Graham a pass.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman