WBB: Misc thread, polls, opponents games, regional stuff

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well Boxster I thought sure your Gophers would win that game. Surely there was something you could have done to prevent that.

My bad. :( Already sat in the stands and watched the Hawks beat the Cyclones and wasn't keen and watching team #2 go down the same way. When buddy here bailed on the game I did to and went to a planning and zoning meeting. The Pittless Gophers did play well enough to win but the Hawks senior guards came through in the end (again).

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I'd like to point out that both Notre Dame and Duke have .500 or worse records at this point in the season, which makes me quite happy. I enjoy watching Duke struggle lately, mostly because of when they knocked out Bridget's tooth in Mexico, then high fived each other as they walked away from where she fell and the blood on the floor. Eff them forever.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
I think the ****** attitude she was showing in the Nebraska game and some stuff in next game were just the little the fans saw.

Was expecting the transfer based on what was said to be Pitts complete resistance to taking any measures to return. Got worse when the two Bello sisters got into before choosing team over Pitts. Pitts is a really good player but not one I'd want Iowa State to touch with a 10-foot pole. Going to need to go to a team and a coach that will make she the undisputed focus.

(From Gopher message board):

Just heard a podcast where Patrick Reusse stated that Pitts flipped the coach off when pulled from the game. If this is true she deserved to be suspended and any teammate who would support that behavior is in the wrong and subject to discipline. That is conduct that is detrimental to the team.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow. OSU beats WVU at Morgantown 57-55. :eek:

And without Natasha Mack, their double/double post that was injured in the ISU game. :eek: x 2

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Iowa Staters among league leaders through six games, Big 12 play only.

Scoring
#2 Joens 21.2
#8 Scott 16.3

Rebounds
#1 Joens 9.7
#12 Scott 7.5

Assists
#2 Johnson 5.0

Blocks
#6 Scott 1.8

Field Goal Percentage
#2 Joens .548

Free Throw Percentage
#3 Joens, .862

3-PT Field Goal Percentage
#2 Camber .472

3-PT Field Goals Per Game
#4 Camber 2.8
#9 Joens 1.7
#10 Scott 1.7
#15 Espenmiller-McGraw 1.3
#25 Johnson 1.2

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Bit of a rough go last night against KSU...we are really susceptible to teams that have tall posts...even one(s) as slow as KSU has. KSU simply lobbed the ball into the posts and let them either score or get the rebound. Inbound plays a bit better, but still issues with Maggie.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Bit of a rough go last night against KSU...we are really susceptible to teams that have tall posts...even one(s) as slow as KSU has. KSU simply lobbed the ball into the posts and let them either score or get the rebound. Inbound plays a bit better, but still issues with Maggie.

It's still a W. Glad Bill is trying different things to get this team going. This team has it's weaknesses put at least they are trying new things and putting effort into it.

• Agree
Reactions: farm85

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Quite frankly we were ahead all the game with just a slight scare. We outrebounded them by 10. Thought we were the better team all along. This team can beat good teams, just need to limit the turnovers, and play more in transition. Do not fall in love with the 3 pointer.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Tennessee leads UConn at half-time: 31-28. Only the second time this season that UConn has been behind at the break.

Red Panda is performing at halftime.. :)

UConn came back in the 2nd half to win 60-45. Lady Vols had 26 turnovers...yikes!

Last edited:
Reactions: BoxsterCy
D

Deleted member 8507

Looking over remaining schedule, I think we have a good shot at 18-11, 10-8. Pull an upset or two and maybe even get a couple more. It would be nice to get TCU or Texas back at their place.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Drake survives in OT at Illinois State. Iowa preps Lexy Koudelka (Nevada) and Mary Crompton (Iowa City Regina) had solid games for the Redbirds.

• Informative

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Not exactly "regional" (;)), but I kind of wish there was an in-state rivalry here in Iowa that is as interesting and competitive as the one in Oregon right now. This weekend the Ducks and Beavers do a home-and-home series, all between Friday night and Sunday. Oregon won last night in Eugene by 12. They'll play again in Corvallis tomorrow. The ESPN article is a pretty good read, so I'll include the link below. Both teams were ranked in the top 3 just two weeks ago. This week's match-ups have them ranked #s 4 (Oregon) and 7 (both lost last week to then-unranked Arizona State on the road). I have always had a soft spot for both universities, so I like following them, especially now that both programs have had some big successes.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college...egon-dominates-oregon-state-round-1-civil-war

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not exactly "regional" (;)), but I kind of wish there was an in-state rivalry here in Iowa that is as interesting and competitive as the one in Oregon right now. This weekend the Ducks and Beavers do a home-and-home series, all between Friday night and Sunday. Oregon won last night in Eugene by 12. They'll play again in Corvallis tomorrow. The ESPN article is a pretty good read, so I'll include the link below. Both teams were ranked in the top 3 just two weeks ago. This week's match-ups have them ranked #s 4 (Oregon) and 7 (both lost last week to then-unranked Arizona State on the road). I have always had a soft spot for both universities, so I like following them, especially now that both programs have had some big successes.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college...egon-dominates-oregon-state-round-1-civil-war

Saw their latest score and was imagining if ISU and Iowa were both ranked in the top 5 or 10 and playing twice. ;)

And, wow, who set up THAT schedule. :eek:

And throw in Oregon having all FIVE of their 2020 recruits in the McDonald's game Good grief.