Another 15 point loss

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Nixon’s shot selection is not great but a lot of that is simply no one else has the confidence to take it if TH and Bolton are locked up or on the bench.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The Clones don't actually run an offense. It is all 1-on-1, and maybe pass for the 3. The other 4 rest.

It has been this way for many years.

And now the best transfers are going to other schools.

And the other 9 teams are actually getting better. Football too.

Being in the Big 12 isn't quite the deal it used to be.

I mean, you're just flat out wrong. Period.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The Clones don't actually run an offense. It is all 1-on-1, and maybe pass for the 3. The other 4 rest.

It has been this way for many years.

And now the best transfers are going to other schools.

And the other 9 teams are actually getting better. Football too.

Being in the Big 12 isn't quite the deal it used to be.

Go away troll

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nixon’s shot selection is not great but a lot of that is simply no one else has the confidence to take it if TH and Bolton are locked up or on the bench.
It's not that his shot selection is terrible, it's his production on the amount of shots he takes. If he wasn't putting up as many shots, it wouldn't be that big of a problem, but he's shooting the second most threes on the team as the worst three point shooter on the team.

I expected him to be a better shooter than he is. He wasn't great at CSU, but he was better there than he is here and he had a full off-season to work on his shot, not to mention most of his attempts are wide freaking open.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Xavier Foster will be fascinating next year to see how he fares against legit competition. Not sure if launching 3's and dunking on 6 ft 1a Iowa kids is the best prep for college ball.

The good news is that at least Prohm will be able to quickly teach him defense and rebounding, as well as how to succeed with 2 post offense alongside an excellent big like Conditt.
Prohm coaching defense to Foster doesn’t sound like such a great thing.

• Funny
Reactions: Cy$ and Cyfanisu

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nope. Part of me wanted Prohm to leave last spring. I was afraid of something like this decline happening. This program never felt stable once Fred’s guys graduated.

Yeah I bet if we let Alabama take our HC after winning the Big 12 tourney and getting a good seed then completely sucked the following year you'd be completely reasonable and not complain

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yeah I bet if we let Alabama take our HC after winning the Big 12 tourney and getting a good seed then completely sucked the following year you'd be completely reasonable and not complain
Not everyone thought last season was great. Many were capable of understanding we underachieved heavily with the talent we had. I know you thought it was great, but everyone didn’t agree and we were far from well coached last season.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not everyone thought last season was great. Many were capable of understanding we underachieved heavily with the talent we had. I know you thought it was great, but everyone didn’t agree and we were far from well coached last season.

Who got the talent to Ames last year?

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
How many 15 pt losses is jamie going to allow before he pulls the plug on this coaching staff. This team cant shoot, cant play defense, turns the ball over than any isu team ive seen. Isu has become a laughing stock. And ive been a fan for 30 years

CSP needs to move on. He is not the guy that can lead our team to the next level.

• Winner
Reactions: xboxfever

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Shaka will get fired, Roy might hang it up at UNC. Could be an epic coaching carousel this spring.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I’ve been highly critical of Prohm this year and have serious doubts if he is the guy to lead us back to where we were, or better.

But I’m not convinced he should be fired after this year no matter what - just yet. Maybe if we go 3-15 or something stupid but at that point, what’s the difference between that and 6-12 - we are going anywhere in either case. Plus I think we all know Jamie isn’t going to fire Prohm after this year for a variety of reasons.

So for me, next year would be the make or break year to move on if it goes poorly.

Help Support Us

Become a patron