Nick Graham joins ISU staff

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Dude, Lard was in the dog house with Prohm half the time he was here. He should have been starting almost the whole time he was here. Prohm bent over backwards trying to help Lard. He put him through a freaking treatment program. How often have you heard of that?If this is about Lard f@ck that.
Right prohm sent him to adult babysitting over the summer and he still ****** it up

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Dude, Lard was in the dog house with Prohm half the time he was here. He should have been starting almost the whole time he was here. Prohm bent over backwards trying to help Lard. He put him through a freaking treatment program. How often have you heard of that?If this is about Lard f@ck that.
Believe me, I’m well aware of the Lard situation and how much of a head case he was. He would show up high as **** to games and practices, was disrespectful to coaches, and even skipped practice. I do not agree with him when he said that the staff did nothing for him, and it was totally bush league to say that, but everything else is essentially how college basketball works in today’s age.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Maybe prohm didn’t handle lard the right way (and I believe he did handle it in the best way possible) but I think only the biggest ******** around would try to claim it was because prohm didn’t care and didn’t truly want to help him.

As an aside, I’m not sure Georges was ever a big prohm fan so for him to stick up for him here says something.

Last edited:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Maybe prohm didn’t handle lard the right way but I think only the biggest ******** around would try to claim it was because prohm didn’t care and didn’t truly want to help him.

As an aside, I’m not sure Georges was ever a big prohm fan so for him to stick up for him here says something.

Lol and what makes you think that about Georges and Prohm??

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Now he’s backtracking saying that it was an athlete he had before his time at Iowa State. Not sure if I believe him, but the timing seems weird.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Dingus

May 23, 2013
It's pretty obvious based on the time line and the issues he mentions. Pretty low class tweet.
He leaves it anonymous to be fair (though he probably includes too many details for anyone in the loop not to figure out who he’s referring to).

That said, hard to figure what exactly his angle is with this.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm not a prohm fan but this is pretty low on the list of issues and entirely made up.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Lol and what makes you think that about Georges and Prohm??

I've said this before and I've apparently not gotten my point across well enough. Basically, I think that Georges (obviously) didn't come here to play for Prohm and that first year was a bit of a rough one mainly because I think Prohm tried too hard to get everyone to like him ;) And because Georges only had one year, he never developed the working relationship and quite frankly the friendship that Monte and Prohm developed. But since Georges is Georges and loved Iowa State and was a professional, they were able to be successful.

Now, I don't think they were enemies or there was some awful relationship or anything like that, but I just never got the impression that they were close. Not a big deal at all. But I guess for Georges to tweet something in support of the coach means that he feels somewhat strongly about it.

(I'll also say that I'd guess that the respect between Georges and Prohm has grown over the years.)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The player has to take ownership of their actions off the court. That's really the best way to stay out of trouble imo.

The assertion that CSP didn't care about Lard and started him despite his issues is odd considering CSP has been ragged on for holding him accountable.

Did Lard even start all that much? Was it in spite of his not showing up or showing up late?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm starting to not like the fact he is close with several of the players. Kids already have enough people in their ears.

The last thing this team needs is someone with an axe to grind getting in the ears of the players.

To be fair, I've thought that Nick had always been pretty fair, but this makes me wonder.