Nick Graham joins ISU staff

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think the assumption on this board is correct

He knew he wasn't getting the job for a long time. Going from a one year GA to a full time assistant out recruiting for a good basketball program would have been pretty crazy so I don't think he could be upset.

He was going to be on Gottlieb's staff if he got hired on at Okie State but you would have had to think it would have been as a director of ops or player development type role

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
He knew he wasn't getting the job for a long time. Going from a one year GA to a full time assistant out recruiting for a good basketball program would have been pretty crazy so I don't think he could be upset.

He was going to be on Gottlieb's staff if he got hired on at Okie State but you would have had to think it would have been as a director of ops or player development type role
He seems really good at relationship building and genuine in that he wants to help players succeed. I think that is a good start to be a solid recruiter in college basketball, however, I think you're right he wasn't at that point just yet.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
He seems like a really sharp guy who was bound to move on. Just of matter of when and for whom?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Graham is still butthurt Gottlieb didn't get the Oklahoma State job so it's easier to be a "players guy" now when you know you have no future in the coaching industry

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
This is the same dude that just started a podcast with Jared on CF?

source.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I’m honestly not sure why everyone’s so upset about this. There’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that the public does not know.
Dude, Lard was in the dog house with Prohm half the time he was here. He should have been starting almost the whole time he was here. Prohm bent over backwards trying to help Lard. He put him through a freaking treatment program. How often have you heard of that?If this is about Lard f@ck that.