Bruce Plays Defense

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He's always on the floor and needs to get trucked over.
(Yes I know the photo is funny)

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Him and Prohm look to be about in the same boat with fan unrest?

Ah, no! That's a near-total fabrication. There is a leftover Frank Martin fanbase that will never be happy. But most K-State fans think the world of Bruce Weber. He has two B12 championships and an E8 run in-between. He doesn't cheat. He doesn't put up with entitlement.

As far as this year, they are getting better every game. Ask Bob Huggins. It's very hard to stay on top year in and out without cheating like Ku. Ask Bob Huggins. This team probably won't make the NIT. But they'll surprise some teams this season, ask Bob Huggins. And the future is very bright with what's in the pipeline.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Ah, no! That's a near-total fabrication. There is a leftover Frank Martin fanbase that will never be happy. But most K-State fans think the world of Bruce Weber. He has two B12 championships and an E8 run in-between. He doesn't cheat. He doesn't put up with entitlement.

As far as this year, they are getting better every game. Ask Bob Huggins. It's very hard to stay on top year in and out without cheating like Ku. Ask Bob Huggins. This team probably won't make the NIT. But they'll surprise some teams this season, ask Bob Huggins. And the future is very bright with what's in the pipeline.
Why listen to you? Maybe we should just invite Bob Huggins in as a guest poster.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

The E8 is the only year Bruce has won a postseason NCAA tournament game in now his 8th year there.
I don't think Prohm cheats or puts up with entitlement either, just surprised you don't think his seat is warm at the minimum.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
The E8 is the only year Bruce has won a postseason NCAA tournament game in now his 8th year there.
I don't think Prohm cheats or puts up with entitlement either, just surprised you don't think his seat is warm at the minimum.
No kidding. One would think Weber would have capitalized on the recruiting trail with his shared Big 12 title last season.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Do you know how absurd that statement is, seriously man? He's been here 8 years, has two B12 championships and an E8 run (without his best player by the way) and K-State's going to fire him to hire who? Who the hell comes to Manhattan, KS to follow a guy with that record who is then terminated, who?

And Weber has recruited well the last two classes. The incoming one may be the best since Beasley or better.

• Funny
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do you know how absurd that statement is, seriously man? He's been here 8 years, has two B12 championships and an E8 run (without his best player by the way) and K-State's going to fire him to hire who? Who the hell comes to Manhattan, KS to follow a guy with that record, who?
Calm down. I don't think its absurd at all.

And who could have come to Manhattan? Brad Underwood.
Kansas native, alum, got SFA to win a tournament game in 2 out of 3 years.
Got Okie State to the tournament, and they are regressing without him.
Looks like he's turning Illinois around.

Now, he may be a grump but I'll take a grump that knows the territory and can win.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I would love if Bob Huggins logged into CF. He's a grump and his teams are maybe the game I look least forward to outside of Iowa but I've heard he's a riot to have beers with.
I hate the butcher ball style he coaches, but I have a soft spot for Huggy as a person...
dasean_butler-300x300.jpg

Bruce, OTOH:
B-lQckJVEAIZfLn.0.0.jpg

Ratz! I couldn't find the gif where he's running to the locker room...
:(

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
In 2013, they were shipped all the way to KC and had their full compliment of players. What’s your point?
My point is he doesn't cheat like Ku, one of if not the dirtiest programs in the country. Thus, he has down years and, and his squads are not deep with talent. So losing someone like Dean Wade was more than a major blow during the tournament last year. The McGruder team was Weber's first at K-State. He won a conference championship with them, something not done here for a couple decades. He also took a Wade'less team to the E8 - a marvelous coaching job. Anyone suggesting he's not a fine coach is delusional.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
My point is he doesn't cheat like Ku, one of if not the dirtiest programs in the country. Thus, he has down years and, and his squads are not deep with talent. So losing someone like Dean Wade was more than a major blow during the tournament last year. The McGruder team was Weber's first at K-State. He won a conference championship with them, something not done here for a couple decades. He also took a Wade'less team to the E8 - a marvelous coaching job. Anyone suggesting he's not a fine coach is delusional.

He’s ok. Just awful in the Tournament.