Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
House is down to 43 degrees.The doors to the house have been open for a couple hours for the movers. Brrrrrrr

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
House is down to 43 degrees.The doors to the house have been open for a couple hours for the movers. Brrrrrrr
When I was kid we moved on Halloween in a snow storm in a western Iowa town. Ice storm really. Man I learned a lot of colorful language than night. At the time, I couldn’t figure out for life of me why our couch was referred to a mother ****** and a son of a ***** at the same time. Like how can you be the mom and son at the same time? Took me a couple years on that one

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
When I was kid we moved on Halloween in a snow storm in a western Iowa town. Ice storm really. Man I learned a lot of colorful language than night. At the time, I couldn’t figure out for life of me why our couch was referred to a mother ****** and a son of a ***** at the same time. Like how can you be the mom and son at the same time? Took me a couple years on that one
I remember an ice storm on Halloween when I lived in Winnebago county. 1991 I think. My last day at KIOW radio in Forest City was earlier that week. Quite happy and relieved to not be the news director at that time.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Long ass day at work. Never did get one thing finished left a note for tomorrows shift. On the good side roads were excellent on the way home, set the cruise at 79 and let it roll.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
You better share on this, not fair to tease us like that.

Turns out it was another part of the saga of the friends mom keeping all of her dad's disability payments etc even though they are separated and she is living with her boyfriend but both refuse to get a divorce. Apparently the govt investigated and figured it all out and is threatening to prosecute.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Turns out it was another part of the saga of the friends mom keeping all of her dad's disability payments etc even though they are separated and she is living with her boyfriend but both refuse to get a divorce. Apparently the govt investigated and figured it all out and is threatening to prosecute.

Damn that could get REAL!

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Damn that could get REAL!

Yup. Her mom is blaming her for reporting it even though she didn't. Apparently her dad is also regularly still talking to her mom (without her knowing) and telling her everything she says about her. Her dad also has some sort of short term memory loss so her mom is using that against him and telling him that she did send it but he just forgot.

She is very near the point of telling her dad that she loves him and cares about him but is not going to be part of this game they are playing anymore so he needs to find somewhere else to live.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron