*** Official IOWA STATE vs #23 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Who's available? Give me names for a good discussion.

We aren’t making the change this year. So people need to be projecting the coaches ready for that jump in 1.5 years. The Horizon League has a coach (Nagy-Wright State) and the Mountain West should have a couple coaches (Medved-Colorado State and T.J.) at that point ready for the Power 5. I also believe that Ron Hunter at Tulane formerly Georgia State is a heck of a coach. Those are all good solid coaches that are winning at the lower level at schools that don’t have top talent within their respective conferences.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Is he doing anything worthwhile at UNLV?

11-9 and 6-1 in the conference. Jenkins is sitting out this year. They should make the NCAA tournament next year which would likely be the time if any change is made.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Sampson would be great but Pollard wouldn't hire a former cheater.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
no upgrades here

should they decide to make a coaching change after next year, this is the correct route. if Iowa State wants to be a solidified program they need a proven coach. There is no Hoiberg walking through that door.

Are you saying it isn’t an upgrade because they aren’t names you have heard of or because you truly know these coaches. Two of them on that list would be absolute upgrades from a schematic perspective.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
For those that have watched TJ's teams, how is his coaching?

Very similar to CFH’s approach. A little bit more pressure defensively both in the half and full court. Really good offensive rebounding squad. Brought in a good grad transfer from Utah in Tillman. They can’t shoot worth a lick either from behind the arch but yet they are #1 in offensive efficiency in the conference.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I could see a scenario where Pollard fires Prohm after next season, hands the job to TJ on a silver platter, and TJ declines to stay in Vegas.
I think there is a less than 15% chance that T.J. would turn down this job after he has one year with Jenkins. But I do think he will have other offers in a year and a half.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I could see a scenario where Pollard fires Prohm after next season, hands the job to TJ on a silver platter, and TJ declines to stay in Vegas.
Pollard wouldn't do this without a commitment from him first.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
11-9 and 6-1 in the conference. Jenkins is sitting out this year. They should make the NCAA tournament next year which would likely be the time if any change is made.
I could see the argument to get him this season if he ends up sniffing the tournament, such as ending just outside the bubble, being a game short in the conference tourney, etc. That's still a notable showing in short time.