*** Official IOWA STATE vs #23 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Some of you people need to step back from the cliff, because you are sounding like Iowa fans right now. ISU just went through the best 10 year span of basketball that we have ever had. We lost 80% of our scoring from last years team, and your right its ugly, but I will give Prohm one poor season.

We signed the best recruit in the state, we have good players, they just didn't forget how to play basketball. They just need time to develop.

Lets allow the year to play out and see where we are next year. If we are in the same shape, then its time to find a new coach. But I believe in Coach Prohm and more than willing to give him another year.

Prohm has shown at least some ability to recruit, but (assuming that graphic on the broadcast was correct) he's currently under .500 in win percentage for his career at ISU.

Although it isn't everything, that at least puts it into some perspective for me.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Bad take.

Pollard is one of the best assets ISU has.i hope he stays here for a long, long time.

And when you examine his hires, it's really hard to fault them. Prohm may be the worst looking one in hindsight, but that may not have been 'his' hire in the first place.

Agree, although I don't think at this point that I'd put Prohm below McDermott. I liken Prohm to Rhoads, there was some promise and it seemed like it could or should work, but it didn't.

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So, given the fact JP isn't going to get rid of Prohm after this season, what is the best we can hopefully look forward to for next year assuming that Haliburton goes pro, which he definitely will.

As of right now we have Jaden Walker, Darlinstone Dubar, Dudley Blackwell, Xavier Foster.... and the transfer Javan Johnson as well. Wasn't there a big question mark on Blackwell though? Has anymore news come in on that front?

If all these guys show up and nobody leaves, we don't have anymore schollies available. If that's the case... yes.... these are some talented players, however, I'm not sure that they really help to solve our most glaring issues do they?

None of them are known as "shooters". They are just long athletic wings mostly.... what's the word for that..... ummmm...... "spiders" right. Are we becoming the Iowa team from several years ago? Gawd... I hope not.

I hate to say this, but we almost need to have a couple schollies open up somehow, and then go get two really good shooting guards. Maybe it's a combination of Blackwell not showing up (I don't want to lose him though), and someone else transferring, or whatever it is... but we desperately need to add some spot up shooters. I think Bolton, Jackson, and probably Walker will be able to get into the lane, but who can they pass it out to that can knock down a shot?

Defensively I think we should be pretty good with the possibility of both Conditt and Foster being rim protectors, and then the long athletic wings too. But we just need some offense... particularly shooting.

Has anyone heard many good things on how Walker, Blackwell, Darlinstone, and Foster have been looking so far in their senior years? I need some positive news!!

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
$10M

And from what I've heard, there are donors willing to pony up for it, given Jamie decides to go that route.

I also love the "from what I've heard" crowd, it truly makes me smile and sometimes even chuckle.

You emotional fans who use no common sense or logic are comedy gold.

JP and CSP are going nowhere, they are making ISU money hand over fist and that is all that matters. Changes will be made as soon as the bottom line is affected, not a second before.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I'm watching UNI play right now.... it's refreshing to watch a team actually run something, get open looks, and knock them down.

If UNI can have 3 or 4 guys on the floor at all times that can shoot the 3, why can't we just have 1 guy that can??
ISU runs stuff and gets open looks but they don’t make the shots. Plenty of open shots against Tech that were bricks.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
$10M

And from what I've heard, there are donors willing to pony up for it, given Jamie decides to go that route.
Is it 10 million?
It’s 50% of what’s left on his contract, which goes until June 2025, so it should be significantly less than $10 million already.

JP is big on improving ISU’s brand, and maintaining ISU MBB is pertinent to that. Assuming he didn’t foolishly agree to that buyout being a lump sum payment, the monthly cost of replacing Prohm is realistic from a financial standpoint. Those making a case otherwise are just conveying their emotions. They probably are in the crowd that convince themselves they “like” a coach.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyfanisu

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The fact that we just came off the best 10 year stretch is the point - this program was at a high level when Prohm took it over and look where we are right now. Also, 2 of the last 3 years are going to be atrocious, with the other year being a 9-9 season with a mis-managed roster that was loaded with talent, so it isn’t just “one poor season” like you say.

I like Prohm and wish it was working out and he was the guy, but it’s just not, and the sooner we hit the reset button the sooner we can right the ship.

This sums it all up.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
The fact that we just came off the best 10 year stretch is the point - this program was at a high level when Prohm took it over and look where we are right now. Also, 2 of the last 3 years are going to be atrocious, with the other year being a 9-9 season with a mis-managed roster that was loaded with talent, so it isn’t just “one poor season” like you say.

I like Prohm and wish it was working out and he was the guy, but it’s just not, and the sooner we hit the reset button the sooner we can right the ship.

@Macloney what part of this post do you disagree with?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

First paragraph, one would have to submit had anyone else but Prohm been here we wouldn't be where "we are at right now"......even Fred. With that, are you sure with his look on recruiting, and the transfer market catching up could even he have maintained the "best 10 year stretch"? Would you be calling for a reset right now......or because it's Fred........what the H?

Your last paragraph.....sounds exactly like the founders of this site (the reset part, because they just hated Wayne) were spewing after the 05-06 season towards Wayne Morgan and looked what happened. Hired the good-ol Iowa boy who would at least lose with "integrity" instead of win the rucker park way. And look what happened, congrats CF. So be careful in what you wish for.

Lastly..I thought there was a consensus the 17-18 season was the "gimme" season for Prohm due to recruiting or lack thereof by Fred? Was that just BS from the many of BS artists on this site? Okay then....with that there is a 23 win(disappointment)and this season(which has 15 games left) so far as your reason for a "reset"? So is that correct that you are....right now.....wanting to dismiss a coach who has had one........ONE losing season so far? Not two, or three, or the GMAC integrity four..............just ONE? Unbelievable!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
First paragraph, one would have to submit had anyone else but Prohm been here we wouldn't be where "we are at right now"......even Fred. With that, are you sure with his look on recruiting, and the transfer market catching up could even he have maintained the "best 10 year stretch"? Would you be calling for a reset right now......or because it's Fred........what the H?

Your last paragraph.....sounds exactly like the founders of this site (the reset part, because they just hated Wayne) were spewing after the 05-06 season towards Wayne Morgan and looked what happened. Hired the good-ol Iowa boy who would at least lose with "integrity" instead of win the rucker park way. And look what happened, congrats CF. So be careful in what you wish for.

Lastly..I thought there was a consensus the 17-18 season was the "gimme" season for Prohm due to recruiting or lack thereof by Fred? Was that just BS from the many of BS artists on this site? Okay then....with that there is a 23 win(disappointment)and this season(which has 15 games left) so far as your reason for a "reset"? So is that correct that you are....right now.....wanting to dismiss a coach who has had one........ONE losing season so far? Not two, or three, or the GMAC integrity four..............just ONE? Unbelievable!

I'm not sure what you're saying here but I think many don't want it to get to a point where there's 3-4 straight losing seasons after what's likely 2 losing seasons out of 3 years. Then it's likely a huge rebuild instead of just needing improvements. McD was given too many chances.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
So the vocal minority wants a coaching change at the end of the year. Ok, cost is 10 million, now who are we going to get? Give me names, not there are a lot of coaches that will take the position.

• Funny
Reactions: nickcyv

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
So the vocal minority wants a coaching change at the end of the year. Ok, cost is 10 million, now who are we going to get? Give me names, not there are a lot of coaches that will take the position.
It's just under $6 million. Not sure where people are getting this $10 million figure from..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron