Cowpokes vs Cyclones

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
That finish almost bit us in the butt. They were fouling us as we called that late timeout. Why call a timeout when our in-bounding of the ball this year has been atrocious.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY and casey1973

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
That finish almost bit us in the butt. They were fouling us as we called that late timeout. Why call a timeout when our in-bounding of the ball this year has been atrocious.
This. I do not understand why he has Maggie taking the ball out so often. She’s flirted with 5 sec SO many times this year already.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Very nice win, but why didn’t Bill have one of his experienced players throw the ball in. Maggie has struggled all year making inbound passes. Great defense by AD

• Agree
Reactions: casey1973

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Now that I have recovered (slightly) from my heart attack, wasn't the greatest by far the best game but they fought back and kept grinding. To me Thurman *even though she missed several bunnies* and Camber *defense* are the winners here.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Very nice win, but why didn’t Bill have one of his experienced players throw the ball in. Maggie has struggled all year making inbound passes. Great defense by AD

I say this every game - I don't know if she thinks it has to be perfect, or the other players are just not moving as they should be.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
When Mack went down and OSU lost a 20 pt 11 rb and 6 blocks a game player I thought we might win by double figures but OSU was pretty scrappy on defense which statistically hasn't been their jam in league play so far. They had good defense stats overall (but NC wimp schedules can be misleading at times) and showed it at times today so we were able to beat a team with a defensive pulse which was good.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
So I went back and watched that 5 second. It was five swishes from the refs arm but they were fast and Bill was asking for a timeout next to the other ref.

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: NWICY and cyups2323

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
So I went back and watched that 5 second. It was five swishes from the refs arm but they were fast and Bill was asking for a timeout next to the other ref.

I went back and watched this as well and i have never seen a ref count so fast in my life. He looked like he was TRYING to get to 5. Thank god that didn't cost us.

• Agree
Reactions: C.John

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Impossible to tell when the ref handed us the ball because the camera work didn't show that. But I tried to time it several times with a stop watch and came up with about exactly five seconds on average. So may or may not have been a bad call.

• Informative
Reactions: psychlone99

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Impossible to tell when the ref handed us the ball because the camera work didn't show that. But I tried to time it several times with a stop watch and came up with about exactly five seconds on average. So may or may not have been a bad call.
It was one swish then a change in angle. I counted that as one and then there was 4 more with the last one being the 5 call.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
When Mack went down and OSU lost a 20 pt 11 rb and 6 blocks a game player I thought we might win by double figures but OSU was pretty scrappy on defense which statistically hasn't been their jam in league play so far. They had good defense stats overall (but NC wimp schedules can be misleading at times) and showed it at times today so we were able to beat a team with a defensive pulse which was good.
Mack going down was very unfortunate for OSU. But as Sherri Coale says, "Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug."

• Winner
Reactions: BoxsterCy

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
This. I do not understand why he has Maggie taking the ball out so often. She’s flirted with 5 sec SO many times this year already.

Have you watched our out of bounds plays?? Our players never run hard anywhere. They jog. They never sprint to an open space, ever. They do not go HARD off of screens. Its pretty darn hard to pass it to someone when all they do is amble around. And, they need to grab the ball with two hands!! Geez.

• Agree
Reactions: acoustimac

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Have you watched our out of bounds plays?? Our players never run hard anywhere. They jog. They never sprint to an open space, ever. They do not go HARD off of screens. Its pretty darn hard to pass it to someone when all they do is amble around. And, they need to grab the ball with two hands!! Geez.

Well said. It’s not the inbounds passer as much as it is chaos on court.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb

Per this post and others I almost never see a TRUE 5 second call. They are really 7+ seconds but that one was fast and maybe a true 5 seconds. As many others have posted IMO Maggie tries to make the perfect pass to the first person CBF wants the ball to go to. This has caused the problems.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron