This is why Prohm must go........

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
With his buyout, Steve has this year and next. I hope we now see a shift with CSP and he starts preparing for next year. He won't bench Nixon, but I can only hope the two freshman guards are on the court when the games are no longer in question.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
McDermott I'll never understand why it didn't work.

He was playing walkons and DII juco players. His roster was a mess and always changing. That being said it should have worked but it didn't. He was in over his head, but some of it was out of his control.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
This is the worst shooting team I have ever seen at ISU. 30% from 3-range and .449 overall. Every single player is under 40% from 3. There's a thread making fun of Iowa and their mid-major talent, maybe there should be a similar ISU thread - "mid-major coach with a couple of good players."

Also, a couple guys on the team have a girly looking shot.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
The shooting is what is killing us. It's causing loss of confidence, and defense feeds off of offense (for our team, don't bring up Virginia).

Shot selection is feeding the shooting woes. I hope they can just get better shots, and build confidence a bit.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
We have a lottery pick playing with a team of guys that cannot hit a shot. Guys that have spent their whole life in a gym and all of a sudden cannot shot. Its the craziest thing.

I think you can say that about Tre Jackson but I’m not sure it applies to the others. We knew what we were getting with Nixon. He shot 29% in conference Mountain West games two years ago. He shot 31% from 3 the year before. And we decided to tie up a scholarship for two years on him. May be a great kid. He is a hard nosed defender but he is not a shooter and yet our offense is dependent on him hitting 3’s.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I’m trying to stay as positive as possible because I think almost all fans WANT it to work with Prohm but I’m not seeing it. What is to be optimistic about right now?

The only thing I can cling to is a very good recruiting class. But after having 4 NBA caliber players on the roster last year, we finished 9-9 and got bounced in the first round. We have a lottery pick on our team right now and we are going to finish in 9th or last place in the league. How will next year be much better?

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I’m trying to stay as positive as possible because I think almost all fans WANT it to work with Prohm but I’m not seeing it. What is to be optimistic about right now?

The only thing I can cling to is a very good recruiting class. But after having 4 NBA caliber players on the roster last year, we finished 9-9 and got bounced in the first round. We have a lottery pick on our team right now and we are going to finish in 9th or last place in the league. How will next year be much better?
A lottery pick? I dunno about that.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
We have a lottery pick playing with a team of guys that cannot hit a shot. Guys that have spent their whole life in a gym and all of a sudden cannot shot. Its the craziest thing.

It's called Confidence...In this case "Lack Their Of"...Starting the Tech game you could just see nobody wanted to take a shot....Absolutely NO confidence....esp shooting from the 3 point arc.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Solo took one shot.. yet every time I looked up 6-3 Moretti was guarding him. Prohm said before the season that they would have to try to score in different ways and everyone knew that. Yet he continues to try to play the exact same way as last year with a 1/4 of the talent. I’ve seen posts about how inefficient post feeds are.. it has to be more efficient than 13.6% from 3

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014

The thing is though it's not even a very good class. It's highly ranked only because it has more players in it than most other teams. If you look at average player ranking we're more like 50th than top 25.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Just an absolute embarrassment. The fact that in 5 short years we've gone from having a preseason Top 5 team to...this...is astonishing. Imagine making 2 million dollars a year for what he does.

Losing like this to Texas Tech especially hurts. I get Prohm lost some talent. But look at Texas Tech. From last year's team they lost Jarrett Culver, Matt Mooney, Tariq Owens, Brandone Francis and Norense Odese. A little quick math-- that's something like 75 percent of their scoring gone. But wouldn't you know it, the "I lost a bunch of talent" excuse doesn't seem to apply to Beard. He somehow was able to manage. Yesterday was a reminder of what it looks like when a coach has a plan and coaches his players accordingly.

Most gave Prohm a pass for being very average with the 2015-2016 team despite it having 6 NBA players on the roster. Most gave him a pass for the 2017-2018 team being abysmal. But enough is enough with this guy.