****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
who have yet to play a game for ISU. 1 of which tbd if he’ll even make it to ISU. I’m excited about those kids but, off the top off my head, Leech, Anderson, Jackson, Lard, Carter are the SE kids ISU has landed. All varying degrees of success and a lot more SE kids they missed

i just wish this staff would target areas we’ve historically had success in (Wisconsin, Illinois) as its much easier to get those kids to Ames.

The staff should recruit talent not focus on an area. Prohm and Kane are from the south and have strong connections to the coaches there which helps get them in the door and build relationships. Getting THT, Griffin and Conditt out of Illinois was a great haul but that has not been a traditional recruiting bed for ISU and will be more difficult with Underwood now recruiting at a high level. ISU has recruited Wisconsin well but a big reason for that was TJ prior to Haliburton. It is important to make connections in the Midwest as it is easier to recruit closer to home/ISU but they shouldn't focus on that if they have in's with better players in the Northeast, South or West.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Here’s an interesting stat on why, imo, prohms recruiting strategy is dumb

The state of Florida has 21 million people. In the 2021 recruiting class they have 12 kids in the top 200. 9 have ISU offers. Illinois, Kansas and Wisconsin Combine for roughly 21 million people. Those 3 states combine for 11 top 200 recruits. 2 have ISU offers.

Why the hell are we dumping time and resources into recruiting a state that’s 1200 miles from Ames. Who has ISU ever gotten from florida that we can hang our hat on? Why the heck are you not recruiting the states surrounding you where ISU has had DOZENS of players come from and been successful at ISU

• Informative
Reactions: CloneIce

CyBronco2121

Mar 20, 2015
Cumming

The state of Florida has 21 million people. In the 2021 recruiting class they have 12 kids in the top 200. 9 have ISU offers. Illinois, Kansas and Wisconsin Combine for roughly 21 million people. Those 3 states combine for 11 top 200 recruits. 2 have ISU offers.

Why the hell are we dumping time and resources into recruiting a state that’s 1200 miles from Ames. Who has ISU ever gotten from florida that we can hang our hat on? Why the heck are you not recruiting the states surrounding you where ISU has had DOZENS of players come from and been successful at ISU
WEATHER - coaches like trips to Florida

• Funny
Reactions: isutrevman

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Isn't it Kane's territory?

• Disagree
Reactions: mynameisjonas

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
so? has he shown value landing impact players for isu out of that area?

some of ISU's most successful players of the last 5 seasons have come out of area's they've had historical success with. Why is the staff not targeting those areas?

I don't really care where the guys come from as long as they fit with whatever it is the staff is trying to do. Current roster is made up of half or so from midwest states. So that's going pretty well for us.

• Disagree
Reactions: mynameisjonas

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
which is what?

I’m not trying to be facetious but does this staff seem like it has a real solid recruiting strategy for sustained success at ISU?

I have no idea what their strategy is. It feels like we're trying to get longer, but who knows.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I have no idea what their strategy is. It feels like we're trying to get longer, but who knows.

The recruiting is what Kennedy tried at Texas AM. Athletic wings, rim running bigs and point guard that is long and quick. They want to be athletic on defense but Kennedy could never recruit enough shooters consistently to make it work.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
The recruiting is what Kennedy tried at Texas AM. Athletic wings, rim running bigs and point guard that is long and quick. They want to be athletic on defense but Kennedy could never recruit enough shooters consistently to make it work.
We have what appears to be a good class coming in. We lost a ton from Last year and failed to reload. Needed impact transfer(s) and freshman. We got neither. We could not afford a bad recruiting class , but that’s what we got. Better hope these incoming freshman are game ready and that Johnson is an all American. I am no longer totally convinced Haliburton will go. He is certainly playing his way down the draft board list.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Gilstrap? He was Florida JUCO

• Informative
Reactions: Messi

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
We have what appears to be a good class coming in. We lost a ton from Last year and failed to reload. Needed impact transfer(s) and freshman. We got neither. We could not afford a bad recruiting class , but that’s what we got. Better hope these incoming freshman are game ready and that Johnson is an all American. I am no longer totally convinced Haliburton will go. He is certainly playing his way down the draft board list.

There is a less than 2% chance that Halliburton is back next year. I don’t care if the mocks slide him to 25. He is going to get a guaranteed contract and that is critical in the NBA.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
which is what?

I’m not trying to be facetious but does this staff seem like it has a real solid recruiting strategy for sustained success at ISU?

dude. ******* ask the coaches how the hell is anyone here going to know the answer to questions regarding their official recruiting strategy?

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I don't give a rats ass where we get players from. Let's just get some that can hit wide open threes.

• Agree

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Which is a huge problem in today's game. You HAVE to have shooters. Heck the NBA employs guys for YEARS that have one job... stand in the corner and splash threes at 40+ percent. That's how valuable a good shooter is.

We see it twice a week with this team, it's hard to look good on offense when you have nobody on the floor that is a legitimate outside threat.

• Agree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron