All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
They will the first round and possibly second. Where PSU took over was getting them in the quarters, semis and finals. Big point drop from 1st to 3rd also. When ISU has their last big run, we had two champs but too many dropped to 3-6 range and didn’t make the finals. Zahid going up a weight helps Penn state will hall sticking at 74.

ADS, Kem, Bull, Cass will possibly pick up bonus pts in the second and that's it. Noted.

When did ISU have 2 champs?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
ADS, Kem, Bull, Cass will possibly pick up bonus pts in the second and that's it. Noted.

When did ISU have 2 champs?

The last time was Jackson’s first or second season.

You seem to be awfully ticked off about me not being impressed with Iowa’s individual performances tonight. Must have hit your soft spot. Then again, a lot of Iowa fans try to claim wrestling as a major sport. Maybe you do and that’s why.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The last time was Jackson’s first or second season.

You seem to be awfully ticked off about me not being impressed with Iowa’s individual performances tonight. Must have hit your soft spot. Then again, a lot of Iowa fans try to claim wrestling as a major sport. Maybe you do and that’s why.

Nah, I just honestly thought you followed wrestling closer. I was wrong. Not a big deal.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Nah, I just honestly thought you followed wrestling closer. I was wrong. Not a big deal.

I follow HS way closer, I don’t follow college wrestling as much. They always had duals when we were at youth meets so I basically drifted away due to sons wrestling.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I thought Iowa looked a little sluggish too. They will need to wrestle better in March to win it all. Having said that, still pretty impressive to not look good and dominate a top ten team 26-6. The only big disappointment was 197. Assad’s win was huge and fun to watch. I think pulling the shirt was the right move.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I thought Iowa looked a little sluggish too. They will need to wrestle better in March to win it all. Having said that, still pretty impressive to not look good and dominate a top ten team 26-6. The only big disappointment was 197. Assad’s win was huge and fun to watch. I think pulling the shirt was the right move.

Assad is a stud

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Iowa would need to perform a monumental choke job to lose the team title at NCAA’s this year. Penn State’s chances took a huge hit when Cassar had his season ended at the US Open. Penn State and Ohio State are the only two teams that could capitalize on a subpar Iowa performance since they are the only other teams with multiple wrestlers ranked #1 at their weight.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Nebby came out pretty aggressive, was good to see. The Robb kid at 57 is going to be really good I think. They have a solid team up and down.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’m guessing you were pretty upset White wasn’t dinged for stalling in the 2nd against Marinelli then too right?

Both should have been hit, but usually they will not hit a guy when neither wrestler is doing much. Desanto s opponent was actively trying to progress. Marinelli looked content to just hip ride. If he would have made more effort to turn White he most likely gets multiple SW on White.