All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Big weekend coming up, Nebraska has some tough hombres and a few who have the potential to step up and get a W in CHA. The tribute to Sorensen will be awesome.

AR-200119898.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Big weekend coming up, Nebraska has some tough hombres and a few who have the potential to step up and get a W in CHA. The tribute to Sorensen will be awesome.

AR-200119898.jpg

Probably the best home schedule in the history of college wrestling.

• Agree
Reactions: HawkFan1

smoot27

Sep 8, 2011
So you get decide which wins count and which ones don’t? Amazingly only the hawkeye wins count.

This guy can't grasp that I was pointing out the hypocrisy in Twins' argument.

I guess that means you/Twins can't discount Lugo's win this year too. Thanks buddy!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This guy can't grasp that I was pointing out the hypocrisy in Twins' argument.

I guess that means you/Twins can't discount Lugo's win this year too. Thanks buddy!

I never have discounted Lugos win this year, that is where your stuff falls flat on its face. Twins has you Hawkeyes so hot and bothered that you guys wet your pants and spout some dumb stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

smoot27

Sep 8, 2011
I never have discounted Lugos win this year, that is where your stuff falls flat on its face. Twins has you Hawkeyes so hot and bothered that you guys wet your pants and spout some dumb stuff.

Nope, you just can't see beyond your bias. Twins discounts Lugo's win this year. I pointed out how fortunate Degen was last year in the dual to debunk Twins' weak argument that Degen is definitely better.

You come out of nowhere like an angry man shouting for people to get off his lawn, not understanding context .

And why would I be angry? Iowa is better in all the major sports. I'm very happy in fact.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Nope, you just can't see beyond your bias. Twins discounts Lugo's win this year. I pointed out how fortunate Degen was last year in the dual to debunk Twins' weak argument that Degen is definitely better.

You come out of nowhere like an angry man shouting for people to get off his lawn, not understanding context .

You probably shouldn’t drink post. At least I hope you are drunk posting with the clarity your posts have.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

And why would I be angry? Iowa is better in all the major sports. I'm very happy in fact.

Lugo got screwed vs Degen last year? When?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Either Nebraska’s wrestlers are better than advertised or Iowa’s aren’t as dominate. Several matches where the NE wrestler was more aggressive and just couldn’t finish in tight matches.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Either Nebraska’s wrestlers are better than advertised or Iowa’s aren’t as dominate. Several matches where the NE wrestler was more aggressive and just couldn’t finish in tight matches.

Nebby has some salty guys. Not sure what "more aggressive and just couldn't finish" means because in those matches our guys' aggressiveness at the end is what got them the win. Assad beating Venz was big.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Nebby has some salty guys. Not sure what "more aggressive and just couldn't finish" means because in those matches our guys' aggressiveness at the end is what got them the win. Assad beating Venz was big.

I started watchinfg at the end of 33. From there out NE was shooting more. Most of the last second wins were from counters on NE shots. It looked at though Iowa had not interest in turning in the matches I watched. Marinelli appeared to be happy just head stuffing his opponents head and trying to hip ride.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I started watchinfg at the end of 33. From there out NE was shooting more. Most of the last second wins were from counters on NE shots. It looked at though Iowa had not interest in turning in the matches I watched. Marinelli appeared to be happy just head stuffing his opponents head and trying to hip ride.

Young's shot with less than a minute left sealed the win. The Rob kid from Nebby is going to be very tough.

Marinelli wrestled the #5 guy who is very tough. Did you even watch the match? In the 3rd Bull got the escape and then shot immediately for the TD. Completely wore White down after the late TD.

Kem and Assad countered and scored to get wins against highly ranked guys, I guess that's a bad thing?

I get that you're watching with your "I Hate Iowa" glasses on but to try painting an 8-2 Iowa win over a really tough Nebraska team as weak is pretty funny.

Reactions: HawkJRP

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Young's shot with less than a minute left sealed the win. The Rob kid from Nebby is going to be very tough.

Marinelli wrestled the #5 guy who is very tough. Did you even watch the match? In the 3rd Bull got the escape and then shot immediately for the TD. Completely wore White down after the late TD.

Kem and Assad countered and scored to get wins against highly ranked guys, I guess that's a bad thing?

I get that you're watching with your "I Hate Iowa" glasses on but to try painting an 8-2 Iowa win over a really tough Nebraska team as weak is pretty funny.

I was going off the rankings. I hadn’t seen much wrestling this year, will watch who is on. You can say it’s I hate Iowa glasses, easy talking point on that. Assad wrestled a higher ranked wrestler. Outside of his, quite a few were Iowa 3 or better ranked versus 14 or lower or even unranked NE wrestlers. So saying a 3rd ranked guy should win more than by a last second take down in that situation means I wore “ I hate Iowa glasses“, then I guess I learned a new one.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I was going off the rankings. I hadn’t seen much wrestling this year, will watch who is on. You can say it’s I hate Iowa glasses, easy talking point on that. Assad wrestled a higher ranked wrestler. Outside of his, quite a few were Iowa 3 or better ranked versus 14 or lower or even unranked NE wrestlers. So saying a 3rd ranked guy should win more than by a last second take down in that situation means I wore “ I hate Iowa glasses“, then I guess I learned a new one.

#3 Murin v. #8 Red
#6 Young v. #11 Robb
#2 Marinelli v. #5 White
#2 Kem v. #6 Labriola
#10 Assad v. #5 Venz

Which #3 or higher Iowa guy won by "last second" TD over a #14 or lower guy?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
#3 Murin v. #8 Red
#6 Young v. #11 Robb
#2 Marinelli v. #5 White
#2 Kem v. #6 Labriola
#10 Assad v. #5 Venz

Which #3 or higher Iowa guy won by late TD over a #14 or lower guy?

These are definitely different than what was shown on TV. They had Robb as unranked. Desantos opponent was 16/17. Believe they had Kemmerer at 3 (just to show that I’m not just trying to cherry pick). HWt was 3 bs 14 or 16 according to was listed on TV. Will see if I can go back and get them.

Going into the dual I thought Iowa would walk away with the title at nationals. Now I think it can be a couple different teams that can end up with it. Lee will get bonus points throughout, but I don’t see that come quarters time from 3-4 more like Penn State usually has.

EDIT: Remember them mentioning flo rankings, I don’t have a membership so I can’t access them or I’m just to old to figure out how.

Last edited:

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
These are definitely different than what was shown on TV. They had Robb as unranked. Desantos opponent was 16/17. Believe they had Kemmerer at 3 (just to show that I’m not just trying to cherry pick). HWt was 3 bs 14 or 16 according to was listed on TV. Will see if I can go back and get them.

Going into the dual I thought Iowa would walk away with the title at nationals. Now I think it can be a couple different teams that can end up with it. Lee will get bonus points throughout, but I don’t see that come quarters time from 3-4 more like Penn State usually has.

ADS didn't win by last second TD. Neither did Cass, he dominated. Labriola is very tough at 174. Iowa beat a top-10 team 26-6.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
ADS didn't win by last second TD. Neither did Cass, he dominated. Labriola is very tough at 174. Iowa beat a top-10 team 29-6.

The part I look at is how things will translate at nationals. There are no duals champions anymore so while it’s nice to have your team win the duals, it’s a bigger deal on how your top guns perform in their matches. A couple champions who rack up bonus points will carry a team pretty far come March. Iowa has. Lee who will, I was watching for who Iowa’s second and third big gun would be. I just didn’t see that.

If you think I’m just doing a hate Iowa thing I’m not, I openly admit that ISU has a ways to go to be top five. While I like wrestling, if it went away it wouldn’t hurt my feelings. Whatever sport ISU competes in I want them to be competitive, we arent there yet in this sport when you consider the few amount of teams that compete, I would rather have a hockey team honestly. I find it a more exciting and fun sport to watch.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The part I look at is how things will translate at nationals. There are no duals champions anymore so while it’s nice to have your team win the duals, it’s a bigger deal on how your top guns perform in their matches. A couple champions who rack up bonus points will carry a team pretty far come March. Iowa has. Lee who will, I was watching for who Iowa’s second and third big gun would be. I just didn’t see that.

If you think I’m just doing a hate Iowa thing I’m not, I openly admit that ISU has a ways to go to be top five. While I like wrestling, if it went away it wouldn’t hurt my feelings. Whatever sport ISU competes in I want them to be competitive, we arent there yet in this sport when you consider the few amount of teams that compete, I would rather have a hockey team honestly. I find it a more exciting and fun sport to watch.

If you don't think ADS, Bull, Kem, Cass are going to rack up bonus points in their wins, in addition to Lee, at nationals... I guess I'll just go ahead and disagree.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you don't think ADS, Bull, Kem, Cass are going to rack up bonus points in their wins, in addition to Lee, at nationals... I guess I'll just go ahead and disagree.

They will the first round and possibly second. Where PSU took over was getting them in the quarters, semis and finals. Big point drop from 1st to 3rd also. When ISU has their last big run, we had two champs but too many dropped to 3-6 range and didn’t make the finals. Zahid going up a weight helps Penn state will hall sticking at 74.