Another 15 point loss

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
IMO it's pretty rash to get rid of Prohm after this season. I think he should get 2020/21 season to turn things around.

That said, a few things need to happen:
  1. Coaching Staff Shake-up. No illusions that Prohm can attract a top Assistant. Probably best we can hope for is a rising youngster.
  2. Roster Turnover. Some tough discussions/decisions need to be made on the bulk of the roster. We need serious competition among our top 10. That might mean jettisoning dead weight or making sure they understand they might be sitting end of the bench.
  3. ISU needs to be prepared to add 4 sprng signees. We need to be hitting the JUCO's and unsigned HS kids hard.
Hell, nothing ever happened to Will Wade. Just start paying for high level talent.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I totally understand everyone’s frustration and it’s likely not to change. There just isn’t enough talent to change it unfortunately, but I’m not going to read your post and not reply to your totally inaccurate post. Jamie Pollard is the best thing that happened to Iowa State athletics in decades. He has pulled our sports programs out of the dark ages and made us competitive in all sports.

Any sport at Iowa State is subject to big swings because first, we don’t have long term national brand recognition in any sport. Recruiting to Ames is tough. Once you get the right coach in place then it gets a little easier, but never easy. Second, we simply don’t have the revenue the big boys do. Things like travel come into play. Texas,Oklahoma, Kansas basketball charter darn near everywhere. We have to go to Des Moines. We have to pick up recruits and their families in Des Moines. It’s just another thing against us.

Lastly for you to say the only revenue sport Jamie cares about is football is absolutely absurd. I truly wished you knew his heart and all the things he does for all sports and if you did, I don’t think you’d play tough guy behind the keyboard shooting off your mouth. Jamie’s in a tough position right now, but I trust his judgement. It’s probably gonna be a tough year, but I’d rather support Iowa State than any other in this region or league.

it’s easy to jump on the bandwagon. I’d bet you’d be the first one back on when the winning returns. And it will return.

ellen, can you nudge him?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I don't see the accountant firing Steve until the end of next year. The best bet is to watch the hot seat list of any P-5 school in the southeast at the end of this year.

• Agree
Reactions: acgclone

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
It’s really sad that I was just cheering to keep it within 20 for both these games. I can’t even get the confidence in the team to think we have a chance.

I agree Urb2013...when it was 11-2, John Walters was begging someone to make a basket.....Really SAD when your radio play by play guy is literally praying for one basket....That's the state of our basketball program right now....Next Up ...One more year of Prohm....

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
IMO it's pretty rash to get rid of Prohm after this season. I think he should get 2020/21 season to turn things around.

That said, a few things need to happen:
  1. Coaching Staff Shake-up. No illusions that Prohm can attract a top Assistant. Probably best we can hope for is a rising youngster.
  2. Roster Turnover. Some tough discussions/decisions need to be made on the bulk of the roster. We need serious competition among our top 10. That might mean jettisoning dead weight or making sure they understand they might be sitting end of the bench.
  3. ISU needs to be prepared to add 4 sprng signees. We need to be hitting the JUCO's and unsigned HS kids hard.
They aren’t adding any signees unless more people leave and I doubt that will happen. And you aren’t getting good JUCO talent or HS talent bc the best are already signed or too good they aren’t going to ISU.

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
Last night I turned on the UNI - Bradley game. UNI passes the ball, has an offense, plays defense, has outside shooters, has a coach that had his team well prepared, and most importantly UNI has a heart.

(remember when the Cyclones used to play this way?)

I think I will be watching UNI basketball the rest of this year.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
While waiting for the Iowa State game to come on, I had the wrong ESPN network on and was watching the end of the Purdue/Maryland game and they showed the slate of games for the Big 12/SEC Matchup. Dan Dakich literally said and I quote “Iowa State will get beat by 106 points in that game, they are terrible.”

Prohm hasn’t gotten it done the last 3 years. Even with the tourney championship last year, that team drastically underperformed. I never thought I could get free tickets to ISU games but it’s becoming the norm.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don’t doubt that we will still have decent attendance numbers but the atmosphere will be much lower than what it was in the past. It’s already starting and if this keep up and with next years forecast, you’ll have a lot of tickets available.
****. There was $10 KU home tickets this year. In the past, you were paying over $125 to get in the top row. Students would camp out for 3-4 days to get a spot.

I'm to the point you'd have to pay me to drive to Ames to watch this. I'll stick with the television when I can turn it off once it goes bad.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyfanisu

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I totally understand everyone’s frustration and it’s likely not to change. There just isn’t enough talent to change it unfortunately, but I’m not going to read your post and not reply to your totally inaccurate post. Jamie Pollard is the best thing that happened to Iowa State athletics in decades. He has pulled our sports programs out of the dark ages and made us competitive in all sports.

Any sport at Iowa State is subject to big swings because first, we don’t have long term national brand recognition in any sport. Recruiting to Ames is tough. Once you get the right coach in place then it gets a little easier, but never easy. Second, we simply don’t have the revenue the big boys do. Things like travel come into play. Texas,Oklahoma, Kansas basketball charter darn near everywhere. We have to go to Des Moines. We have to pick up recruits and their families in Des Moines. It’s just another thing against us.

Lastly for you to say the only revenue sport Jamie cares about is football is absolutely absurd. I truly wished you knew his heart and all the things he does for all sports and if you did, I don’t think you’d play tough guy behind the keyboard shooting off your mouth. Jamie’s in a tough position right now, but I trust his judgement. It’s probably gonna be a tough year, but I’d rather support Iowa State than any other in this region or league.

it’s easy to jump on the bandwagon. I’d bet you’d be the first one back on when the winning returns. And it will return.

Paul Rhoads use to publicly complain about the Des Moines airport too. Thank God for Matt Campbell.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Last night I turned on the UNI - Bradley game. UNI passes the ball, has an offense, plays defense, has outside shooters, has a coach that had his team well prepared, and most importantly UNI has a heart.

Except for the defense part.

Podunk13

Oct 26, 2019

They also stunk for the last 3 years.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron