This is why Prohm must go........

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Is he doing something different at Creighton? I honestly haven't watched. I see they're ranked though.

He's figured out a way to land talented transfers. At ISU he let talented kids transfer out. My guess is he's learned a lot along the way. Prohm probably will too, but it will be too late.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Was the program in bad shape when McD took over? They barely had a winning season but were only two seasons removed from an NCAA tourney win.

I think the call was for more disciplined play due to his success at UNI.
Wayne Morgan left and literally everyone bailed but Rhashon Clark. Good god yes the program was in bad shape when he took over.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Friendly reminder that Greg McDermott has won 3 NCAA tournament games in his 20 year coaching career.

To be fair, he also never finished dead ******* last in big 12 play.

He finished: T-7th, 11th, 10th, T-9th. (out of 12, obvs)

I think we'll probably be 9th over OSU (though this week could tell us that) but we're dangerously near to pulling off a low bar that even McDermott couldnt hit, twice!

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
To be fair, he also never finished dead ******* last in big 12 play.

He finished: T-7th, 11th, 10th, T-9th. (out of 12, obvs)

I think we'll probably be 9th over OSU (though this week could tell us that) but we're dangerously near to pulling off a low bar that even McDermott couldnt hit, twice!
Well yeah, Nebraska and Colorado were still around right

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
This team is a little short on talent, but most of all they are just plain broken. Guys are afraid to even take shots, except for Nixon, who probably shouldn't shoot.

I get the feeling that some of these guys are absolutely lighting it up in practice, and then can't make a shot in the games. Otherwise, why would they even try to set up the 3? For the most part, they are getting very good looks too. Just frustrating.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Someone finally said it. People think McDermott is way more successful at Creighton than he really is.
How so? Getting to the tournament would have been a major upgrade To what he did at Iowa State.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wayne Morgan left and literally everyone bailed but Rhashon Clark. Good god yes the program was in bad shape when he took over.

Morgan didn't leave. He got fired.

Before he got fired, was the program in that bad of shape? I know there was some sort of fishy situation that went on with recruiting, although I'm not sure it was confirmed before the firing. Obviously if it was confirmed, it was in bad shape.

But yes, after he left it was a mass exodus. McD really deserved at least two seasons to get something going but never did.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
How so? Getting to the tournament would have been a major upgrade To what he did at Iowa State.
He’s made the tournament twice in the last five years and has lost both of those times in the first round. Don’t you want to try and shoot a little higher than that?

• Funny
Reactions: cycl144

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Before he got fired, was the program in that bad of shape? I know there was some sort of fishy situation that went on with recruiting, although I'm not sure it was confirmed before the firing. Obviously if it was confirmed, it was in bad shape.

But yes, after he left it was a mass exodus. McD really deserved at least two seasons to get something going but never did.
I apologize. I didn’t mean to say left. He was fired and if Prohm was held to the same standard he’d be fired this year too. Wayne was fired more cause he wasn’t JPs guy, but eventually long term Wayne wouldn’t have been good for the program.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Yeah, and mcdermott was being given time. If creighton hadn't taken him off our hands, he wouldve been back for at least one more year.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
He’s made the tournament twice in the last five years and has lost both of those times in the first round. Don’t you want to try and shoot a little higher than that?
I'm not asking for him back, my point was I don't understand why he struggled here as badly as he did.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yeah, and mcdermott was being given time. If creighton hadn't taken him off our hands, he wouldve been back for at least one more year.
Which is truly baffling any AD would let a coach back after 4 straight losing seasons (which is hard to do given the amount of cupcakes that pad every teams schedule) and the 4th team lost a ton with only Melvin Ejim coming in, which was before we knew how good he would be. There was absolutely no hope for the next year and I couldn’t have stomached buying season tickets for basketball as a freshman if McDermott would have still been there that year.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron