*** Official IOWA STATE vs #23 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The worst part for me is that this is the style of basketball that ISU now has to play to possibly win games...... just slow it down and muck it all up and hope to pull it out in the end. Gone are the days of up tempo, run and gun, exciting style of play that gets Hilton Magic rocking. If we play like that now, we get run out of the gym.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
But Coach CAN show his team what a good shot is...
An unguarded, unpressured 3 usually is a good shot. That's most of our misses.

Got a couple buckets right out of half, no complaints there. TT still looking sloppy offensively.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Should I post my alerts or is that just something you and your brother do?
giphy.webp

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Well Christ, even our players who do occasionally hit them haven't got any today. We aren't gonna do well taking them completely out of the playbook against 5 condensed defenders, either. What do you even do at this point?

I don’t know...stop jacking them up every other possession???

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Ever little thing they can call against us they do. Every little thing, then a f'n T on Prohm. Dicks!

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I don’t know...stop jacking them up every other possession???
We've taken nearly 40 shots, less than 15 threes. It's not every other possession, and stopping taking them puts you up against 5 lane-area defenders. Is that really going to be better if they aren't needing to be spread out whatsoever?

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The worst part for me is that this is the style of basketball that ISU now has to play to possibly win games...... just slow it down and muck it all up and hope to pull it out in the end. Gone are the days of up tempo, run and gun, exciting style of play that gets Hilton Magic rocking. If we play like that now, we get run out of the gym.

Well, Eustachy went undefeated for two seasons and Floyd rarely lost at Hilton so it's not out of the realm that slower pace can still get a crowd going.

Hilton Magic is/was exciting and all but some fans' memories are pretty inaccurate.