Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Yikes, you better save the basketball talk for the adults.

How can ISU have 5 of the top 8 players and be such a worse basketball team that might not finish above .500 while the other one is playing like a tournament team. Doesn’t make sense.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

What’s so outrageous about this? He was just named one of the top 5 players. If the season ended right now he would probably be 1st team AA and Conference player of the year. If he keeps up his current pace, he will be in the discussion.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins and Rural

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Come at me but Garza is a top five player in college basketball in half court offense.

If he could move a little better in transition and on defense NBA teams would be lining up to throw insane money at him. If his outside shot continues to improve it might not matter as much that he's a defensive matchup liability.

He was solid last year but I would not have predicted this jump in output. It's really shocking when you look at Fran's history of big guys not developing or him benching the best big guy for worse players.

Dude

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
What’s so outrageous about this? He was just named one of the top 5 players. If the season ended right now he would probably be 1st team AA and Conference player of the year. If he keeps up his current pace, he will be in the disecussion.

Good player but no he won't.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
How can ISU have 5 of the top 8 players and be such a worse basketball team that might not finish above .500 while the other one is playing like a tournament team. Doesn’t make sense.
It actually does. You guys have the record you do because of the 3 players I listed in the starting 5 from the Hawks. They’ve been outstanding and really lift you’re team. Also, we don’t have a coaching advantage over you guys.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
It actually does. You guys have the record you do because of the 3 players I listed in the starting 5 from the Hawks. They’ve been outstanding and really lift you’re team. Also, we don’t have a coaching advantage over you guys.

Fair point, but at the same time Kriener and McCaffery have been good in their roles, not sure I can say the same about Nixon.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53